It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Haaland and Nkunku dind't have buyback clauses. They had release clauses.

There's a fundamental difference between paying £23m to someone and paying that money back +£37m when they've developed him into a world class player vs. simply paying £60m for a release clause.

There's also the fact that a buyback is exclusive to you, the seller, anyone else has to pay more.

IMO roughly 3x transfer value is the only range where a buy back works for everyone. If you want a lower buyback clause, accept a smaller transfer fee.
I just meant from the cost to getting a young player released from their existing contract...in other words what does the current buying club deem to be a fair buyout...then if you want our guy we want the exclusive right to buy the player back at that amount or else no deal...

View attachment 50842
Bit more context. Could still be either or, but I'm not sure the OS would be rushing to talk about his goodbye interview. Also, he just built this squad so I can't imagine it's a goodbye.

I can imagine both tbh. I don't think the squad build is anything to go by, the moves can be read as both, for Pep and for post-pep. The pre interview narrative can be both as well. Would like to think they wouldn't say anything that encourages speculation going into the season. And you'd also think if the club are tempting a LB in, the club would hold off suggesting next season is the last.

Ultimately, can only go with what you feel, and I feel, for the best part, he has the will to stay longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.