It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Those guys going to Southampton and playing well would be the best thing that's happened to our academy in 10+ years.

Pep is hypercautious with academy players, but even he wouldn't ignore several kids he didn't think were ready proving they actually were. This is after all a man who was adamant KDB couldn't play as a number 8 until he saw Roberto Martinez do it for Belgium and then he did a complete 180.

The attention they'd get would also probably give every player who leaves City a 1 division bounce up in their career paths.

Lavia has apparently been the stand out player for Southampton this pre season as a lone 6. Can’t wait to see how he does in the season. But it seems like he’s been showing his quality already

Not huge enough, you can't see the reason of why Southampton first bid didn't include Buyback option to entice City to sell delap to them?.

Because they know they can make huge profit with him and that's why they will try hard to bring Delap to them without including buyback option. They will fail ofc because City stance will clear of this they will not let highly rated academy player like Delap without inserting buyback option.

Unless ofc City is willing to pay around 80m as buyback option then i think Southampton will be more receptive on buyback option for Delap
How can Delap's buy back be more than Haaland's or Nkunku's? City will never agree to a buyback upwards of 50 mil and if Southamton insists on it, they won't sell...

How can Delap's buy back be more than Haaland's or Nkunku's? City will never agree to a buyback upwards of 50 mil and if Southamton insists on it, they won't sell...

Haaland and Nkunku dind't have buyback clauses. They had release clauses.

There's a fundamental difference between paying £23m to someone and paying that money back +£37m when they've developed him into a world class player vs. simply paying £60m for a release clause.

There's also the fact that a buyback is exclusive to you, the seller, anyone else has to pay more.

IMO roughly 3x transfer value is the only range where a buy back works for everyone. If you want a lower buyback clause, accept a smaller transfer fee.

View attachment 50842
Bit more context. Could still be either or, but I'm not sure the OS would be rushing to talk about his goodbye interview. Also, he just built this squad so I can't imagine it's a goodbye.
Building his last squad which even Helen Keller could see, if not speak (: this points towards a potential decade for me, which would of been beyond our wildest dreams in 2016; the core of our spine do this and he, imo, will be no different; it would cement the legacy and totally rubbish the idea that at the very top, it isn’t possible in the modern game…

If he can ride that narrative, we will be the most successful team in the modern era and it isn’t even debatable, his continued numbers 6 years in show no inkling of slowing down and his legacy, at ikkle city no less, will firmly put us alongside the great teams of the ages… a phenom

is the news about

Contract Extension or Goodbye

Wonder if he’d accept a CFG role when he’s done ? A kind of retainer if you like, I know it would cast a huge shadow on the next guy through the door but someone like Enrique wouldn’t be fazed, may also encourage the backroom to stay together (potentially) and an option for Pep to return in the future…..guess I’m softening the blow (in my head) for when he does leave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.