It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

The link below shows the approximate quality and quantity of the top football squads Worldwide. It will become a lot clearer on 1st of September when players have been loaned out and the window closes. There are 6 players on our list who won’t be there then (not sure who some of them are!) and 4 additions (3 academy and Cuc) to come so the final number could be around 24.

I’ve no idea what the ideal squad size is for a top club but it does reinforce the idea that we have quality over quantity. “Depth“ is subjective and you would think is a combination of the two measures.

You don’t want vast quantities of rubbish you can’t shift (see United) but you also don’t want to suffer adversely from a few injuries either.

Interested to see what posters think is an ideal squad number. I’m sure you only register a certain number anyway. I guess it’s 25 plus players under 21 so we might have a few gaps. I guess as many as 4 would be under 21 taking us to 20 leaving 5 spaces unfilled.

Last edited:
You'll never see him in the same room as @MillsyTheMosher

FabulousConsciousKob-size_restricted.gif

You have to go back to 2017 for the last time we came out a window 100m down.
Since then it has been roughly 20m, 50m, 50m, 40m down.

The point is still valid, we usually don't seem to target net profit. Maybe txiki has been promised a bonus.
He's on a Arry Redknapp style 20% of all transfer income received ;) topping the pension fund up nicely.

The link below shows the approximate quality and quantity of the top football squads Worldwide. It will become a lot clearer on 1st of September when players have been loaned out and the window closes. There are 6 players on our list who won’t be there then (not sure who some of them are!) and 4 additions (3 academy and Cuc) to come so the final number could be around 24.

I’ve no idea what the ideal squad size is for a top club but it does reinforce the idea that we have quality over quantity. “Depth“ is subjective and you would think is a combination of the two measures.

You don’t want vast quantities of rubbish you can’t shift (see United) but you also don’t want to suffer adversely from a few injuries either.

Interested to see what posters think is an ideal squad number. I’m sure you only register a certain number anyway. I guess it’s 25 plus players under 21 so we might have a few gaps. I guess as many as 4 would be under 21 taking us to 20 leaving 5 spaces unfilled.

I do feel like we are going in light even if we sign Cucurella. But I also bear in mind we have 5 subs rule this year and wonder if that's something that is being taken onto account by the club. It certainly is by Pep. It gives a lot more flexibility to give different players rest over the season and bring in more EDS players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.