It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Fuck Bloom, move on to another target, tbh Pep could make Barry Conlon into a decent left back. Really pisses me off the way clubs like brighton conduct their transfer negotiations by bridging the media, and as ever we do things quietly and properly. I hope Cucurella provides them with the drop off in form that they deserve. Most likely brighton have pissed us off and the player, difference is we don’t sulk and just quietly get on with it, I wonder if Cucurella will see it the same way? If of course it’s true

He does not want to be anywhere near them , don't blame him but why are they still pursuing him?

On top of that, the midfielder believes that despite the history and success of Manchester United in the past, the team are ‘jinxed’, having struggled to reach the heights of the past since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

The weather in Manchester is also said to be a major factor in the Netherlands international’s decision not to join the Premier League club. Having enjoyed the pleasant climes in Barcelona, the midfielder does not wish to trade it for the rain in Manchester.
Lol, and especially when Barca are still 10M euros short in paying what they owe him!

Newcastle have been extremely quiet in this window, Everyone was expecting them to go on a shopping spree.

It looks like they are being calm about it and using the money wisely. Maddison would be a good signing for them if they managed to get him, I'm not sure how long he has left on his contract but if it's only a year I don't think they should be bidding £40m especially when you see the likes of Mane and Sterling going for £40m-£47m.

I don't think it's for the want of trying.

Nobody of note wants to join them and their income means they can only spend so much.

Newcastle's glass ceiling won't ever be above domestic Cup semi-finals/finals if they are lucky.

Everton have found out the hard way.

They try to invest themselves out of the financial hole, and it's a risky strategy indeed.

They have a very good squad for next season, but going forward the balance between experience and youth isn't right: too many oldish stars and too many youngish stars. In 1-2 years they'll need new players in key positions: CB, DM, CF plus LB. They may lack enough quality in defence, but their quality in midfield and attack means they will (try to) challenge in the CL.

Something I haven't seen mentioned very often is one of the biggest variables; the manager.

I don't know one way or another but it seems to me there's an assumption that Xavi is a top manager who will mould the players they buy into a top team. I'm not sure that's been tested given the upheavals there since he was appointed and his lack of any significant track record. It has the potential to go very, very wrong. Hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.