It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Something I haven't seen mentioned very often is one of the biggest variables; the manager.

I don't know one way or another but it seems to me there's an assumption that Xavi is a top manager who will mould the players they buy into a top team. I'm not sure that's been tested given the upheavals there since he was appointed and his lack of any significant track record. It has the potential to go very, very wrong. Hopefully.

so far from what ive seen, i dont rate xavi at all as a coach

I don't think it's for the want of trying.

Nobody of note wants to join them and their income means they can only spend so much.

Newcastle's glass ceiling won't ever be above domestic Cup semi-finals/finals if they are lucky.

Everton have found out the hard way.

There was an article a few years back about Newcastle’s airport being too local to attract international talent. There’s plenty of flights to France hence Newcastle bringing in a lot of French talent a few years back.

One of the benefits of Manchester airport being a hub is that international players know they can get home relatively easily. It’s been helpful for City, united abdceveb Liverpool.

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

0 Out

1 In

Cucurella to CITY

Cucurella deal: Cucu put in a written transfer request to leave Brighton and join City. Brighton still want 50 while City have offered 40. Rumour is that City will put a final bid in this weekend.

Bernardo: Usual stuff from Spain which will run until the window closes or he leaves for Barca.

9 days to the start of our season.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September.

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum
You got one of these for people that are 5 hours behind and couldn't get out of bed until 9am, mate?

There was an article a few years back about Newcastle’s airport being too local to attract international talent. There’s plenty of flights to France hence Newcastle bringing in a lot of French talent a few years back.

One of the benefits of Manchester airport being a hub is that international players know they can get home relatively easily. It’s been helpful for City, united abdceveb Liverpool.1659187397231.gif

WTF?!? They can’t be true mate?
I read the same this morning, it sounds like they’re getting a cut of his wages almost, they obviously didn’t want another CB coming in on a massive fee & having his performances ripped to shreds, so part of the fee is going under the rug, nothing to see here HMRC

One of the benefits of Manchester airport being a hub is that international players know they can get home relatively easily. It’s been helpful for City, united abdceveb Liverpool.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.