It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

He should have been sold,most definitely before Zinc and Jesus.
Sometimes you speak sense and other times pure comedy. As per you everybody should have been sold. Sterling, jesus, mahrez, cancelo, grealish and I am sure you weren't a rodri fan earlier too. Did I miss anyone?

I agree.. but where does Cancelo play then? Too good to be a fringe player and pretty sure he won’t settle for that
Walker will be rotated a lot. His age and all , we need to be cautious not to overplay him. I think 3 full back 4 including JWE. We will do just fine In rotation.

For me, yesterday they all looked scared to get involved. Almost as if the fear of injury and missing a World Cup is playing in their minds. I could and probably am way off but it does worry me that the WC is mid season and that’ll be in the minds of some! How it’ll effect our season till that point I don’t know? But if we continue to play like that again we will not be lifting a trophy this season.
My hope is we just needed to blow out some cobwebs and yesterday will hit home we need to be sharper. I also suspect Pep saying “the players gave their all and I told them I’m proud of them” was just media lip service rather than his actual belief.
We looked very lethargic at times yesterday, uninterested at others. It may just be a case the players didn’t take it seriously and had a friendly mindset (I know it is but it was Liverpool!) and next week we’ll look totally different but I have doubts.
My only saving Grace is Liverpool won’t play much better this season in games bar the odd one I’m sure, but we were not far off and had chances. We also have a fair few gears we could shift up to so I’m not too stressed just yet and far from flapping so early on. I’ve no doubt we’ll come good, no doubt Haaland will bang them in and no doubt we’ll challenge on all fronts if it was just a friendly mindset rather than an example of where we currently are.
I’m just concerned a World Cup not that far away will effect some in the squad.
We 100% need a LB though, I’m not convinced it would of changed yesterdays result but would of given more stability. They targeted that side for a reason, others will do the same I’m sure.

Jesus - that Club is a proper fucking shambles, isn’t it.

You kind of thought this staggering level of financial idiocy might have died when Woodward left the Club, but it’s good to see his replacements are just as shambolic and out of their depth!
its not as bad as it seems , its like an add on for appearances , if he play 200 games for united its an extra 10m, ive never seen the lad play,(i have but cant really remember him) so his fee of 55m +10m if he plays 200 games

its not as bad as it seems , its like an add on for appearances , if he play 200 games for united its an extra 10m, ive never seen the lad play,(i have but cant really remember him) so his fee of 55m +10m if he plays 200 games
Agree with that. Normally igwpuld be something like £1m every 20 games up to a max amount. This doesnt seem too far different.

For me, yesterday they all looked scared to get involved. Almost as if the fear of injury and missing a World Cup is playing in their minds. I could and probably am way off but it does worry me that the WC is mid season and that’ll be in the minds of some! How it’ll effect our season till that point I don’t know? But if we continue to play like that again we will not be lifting a trophy this season.
My hope is we just needed to blow out some cobwebs and yesterday will hit home we need to be sharper. I also suspect Pep saying “the players gave their all and I told them I’m proud of them” was just media lip service rather than his actual belief.
We looked very lethargic at times yesterday, uninterested at others. It may just be a case the players didn’t take it seriously and had a friendly mindset (I know it is but it was Liverpool!) and next week we’ll look totally different but I have doubts.
My only saving Grace is Liverpool won’t play much better this season in games bar the odd one I’m sure, but we were not far off and had chances. We also have a fair few gears we could shift up to so I’m not too stressed just yet and far from flapping so early on. I’ve no doubt we’ll come good, no doubt Haaland will bang them in and no doubt we’ll challenge on all fronts.
I’m just concerned a World Cup not that far away will effect some in the squad.
We 100% need a LB though, I’m not convinced it would of changed yesterdays result but would of given more stability. They targeted that side for a reason, others will do the same I’m sure.
2 things mate:

1. We are behind Liverpool with our pre season fitness. Nothing new there it happens every year
2. After winning the last two league titles playing without a number nine, we were clunky with a new (and not entirely fit) one.

That is all there is to it. We might remain clunky for a few games yet and (horrors) may even drop points in our first few games. Will we be challenging for titles again at the end of the season? For sure we will.

2 things mate:

1. We are behind Liverpool with our pre season fitness. Nothing new there it happens every year
2. After winning the last two league titles playing without a number nine, we were clunky with a new (and not entirely fit) one.

That is all there is to it. We might remain clunky for a few games yet and (horrors) may even drop points in our first few games. Will we be challenging for titles again at the end of the season? For sure we will.
That’s my hope too, but I do also think a World Cup looming will play a part. More so the closer it gets but that’ll also be true for all clubs and players.
I don’t think we were that far off them yesterday, to the point if fully ready I see us as a better prospect. As I say, dippers won’t play much better if at all this season yet we had bags of improvement to come and had chances. The score flattered them slightly in reality but they did deserve the win based on the first half alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.