It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Reports in Germany aside, the best indication that we are interested in Gvardiol is that such a signing makes a lot of sense for us.

I thought earlier on in the window it was exactly the type of signing that makes sense for us, when Ake was looking like leaving. Despite the price, the fact it is a world cup year when players don't move, the fact he is too good to be 4th choice etc etc and other arguements against it.

If Ake isn't going to move, it makes a bit less sense. But still someone that I'd see as a long term target, and maybe that's partly what the club are doing here, laying the foundations for next year when either Ake or Laporte might be considering leaving.

Or maybe ourselves and Chelsea have an agreement over Ake in the background, but neither is rushing to leak it while we try line up a replacement to enable the move.

I thought earlier on in the window it was exactly the type of signing that makes sense for us, when Ake was looking like leaving. Despite the price, the fact it is a world cup year when players don't move, the fact he is too good to be 4th choice etc etc and other arguements against it.

If Ake isn't going to move, it makes a bit less sense. But still someone that I'd see as a long term target, and maybe that's partly what the club are doing here, laying the foundations for next year when either Ake or Laporte might be considering leaving.

Or maybe ourselves and Chelsea have an agreement over Ake in the background, but neither is rushing to leak it while we try line up a replacement to enable the move.
If Laporte is an injury risk this season???

It'd mean we'd have plenty of LB cover too.

Then we could reignite the "we need a RB before Walker requires a walker" moan.

they will receive peanuts (compared to their outlay) for both players are eventually sold
Eventually but not this season and they won't be sold for much. They will complete the season with 300mil+ worth of signings if they get both cucurella and frenkie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.