It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So, true then. He was out from January till early March. That's not the majority of the season is it.
I have to hold my hands up and admit that I got that wrong, I think I mixed in Delaps injury issues in my head (transfermarkt was down this morning and I couldn't double check myself). He did only play 6 EDS games & 4 CL Youth games until his injury as he was with the 1st team squad for the rest. They're doing a Foden with the lad and easing him in but I'd still have him down as a 1st team squad member.

I suspect most City fans put on a brave face when they say they don't care about the CL. My Old Man, my brother, myself, my City supporting mates all care about winning it. There are two big trophies in club football, the domestic league and the European Cup; we've only won one of them. It's an issue, and will rightly be used as a stick to beat us with until we do win it. To be immortalised as a truly great team you need to win the League and CL with the same set of players. I'm sorry if that's an uncomfortable truth for some, but it's a truth nonetheless.

Keeping it on topic, it's far too late in the day for us to be losing Bernardo, much less for what would be a derisory sum. Our policy of letting unhappy players go is only finitely commendable; there are circumstances where it is folly and this is one of those circumstances. Losing Bernie drastically reduces our chances of the big silverware this season.
Agree on CL 1 billion %.

I’d love verratti as a replacement but he has serious injury issues turning 30 soon, but I’d love him.

You don't need to tell me the source is crap and that this will almost certainly not happen, I already know that. But this is a transfer speculation forum and I'm just throwing it out there. IF Bernardo wants out and the club would accept to sell him, what are your thoughts on Verratti as a possible replacement?

Would be awful. Great player but 29 already. Not to mention that he is made of glass. We'd be replacing Bernardo who is never injured and always ready for someone who spends half the seasons injured. Doesn't matter anyway, it's never gonna happen.

No you didn’t but you completely slagged off City’s transfer policy, where the only real gap is left back, and the left back we were clearly after wasn’t available for a sensible price. There’s a reason we got Toure, Silva x2, KDB, Sane, Gundogan, Diaz, Rodri etc etc for great prices, it’s because we are a sensible brilliantly run club, who has won 4 out of the last 5 titles in the hardest league in the world, rather than a club who reacts to impatient,needy, knicker wetting panickers. Just my opinion
With the exception of Gundogan you could hardly describe the rest of them as being got for great prices. Then again I am not a sad needy happy clapper who lacks the intelligence to question anything, just my opinion.

You don't need to tell me the source is crap and that this will almost certainly not happen, I already know that. But this is a transfer speculation forum and I'm just throwing it out there. IF Bernardo wants out and the club would accept to sell him, what are your thoughts on Verratti as a possible replacement?

We’d be the worst of of all three clubs, Veratti is 30 in november and have had alot of injuries.

Veratti is an amazing player when he’s out of the PSG midfield they look completely different, he would be incredible in our team it’s just his injury issues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.