It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

De Jong's on £220k/week, we won't get someone like Paqueta on much less if we're buying him for €60m.
Pretty sure it's 400 grand a week. As per contract. He's on a pay cut right now but all that money is still owed to him ~17 mil euros

Pretty sure it's 400 grand a week. As per contract. He's on a pay cut right now but all that money is still owed to him ~17 mil euros

It's not.

His contract was €14m/season, £220k/week.

It's going up to much higher in the next 2 years ~€20m, £330k/week because he's getting backpaid the deferred salary from 2021 and 2020.

Barcelona have leaked his contract to the Spanish press, we know the numbers now, don't need to rely on the old rumoured numbers which were far higher than reality.

If the 2020 deal does get annulled, surely Barca would owe FDJ more money as his salary would revert to the higher weekly salary, wouldn’t it?

I feel like there could be a really good deal made if this is left alone for a few more weeks.

Similar to how we got Dias for 25m cheaper because Benfica failed the CL qualifier, if there was a team De Jong wanted to play for (ie not United), leave this financial mess to get worse for Barcelona and then offer them a really cut price to get rid of him.

I feel like there could be a really good deal made if this is left alone for a few more weeks.

Similar to how we got Dias for 25m cheaper because Benfica failed the CL qualifier, if there was a team De Jong wanted to play for (ie not United), leave this financial mess to get worse for Barcelona and then offer them a really cut price to get rid of him.

I just don't think there is any interest in him though, as a signing. From all the Torres negotiations and payment agreement, their constsnt claims of interrat in Bernardo, and basically the whole summer of them trying to sell him, while we identified and went and signed all our intended targets bar LB, you would think if we were even remotely interested in bringing him here Something would have been looked at or come out by now.

I just don't think there is any interest in him though, as a signing. From all the Torres negotiations and payment agreement, their constsnt claims of interrat in Bernardo, and basically the whole summer of them trying to sell him, while we identified and went and signed all our intended targets bar LB, you would think if we were even remotely interested in bringing him here Something would have been looked at or come out by now.

He clearly wanted to stay at Barcelona, but presumably he will eventually reach a breaking point with their attempts to screw him over. Ornstein is talking about the Dutch Players Association and FIFPRO getting involved and Barcelona taking legal action over the contract being illegal.

Surely at some point you just say enough is enough, I'm out of here - if someone offers you an enticing landing spot.

I would be stunned if Txiki isnt sitting watching everything going on and waiting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.