It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I've seen Leao play 3-4 matches & yes he's a specimen, but he had a kinda Paulo Wanchope vibe about him. \0/

Just my personal observations...
I respect your opinion. Pep compared him to a young Thierry Henry.

Going to put this out there. But i think it’s Sosa and it would be a done deal right now if he wasn’t injured. I’m guessing the club are waiting on his injury to see how serious it is before getting the deal done.

He's the one most heavily linked - he's working back to match fitness I think

I was writing down my thoughts about the LB situation and the speculations about Bernardo leaving for the fee thats been reported. I too think City is a very well run club (perhaps the best run club in the world), that was the first thing I stated in my post. I also think Txiki has done a tremendous job over the years, and previously this summer with signing Haaland & Phillips for example. I stated this in my post too. I can think 95% of everything Txiki has done is great and still think us starting the season with no new LB is not particularly well done by Txiki, and think potentially selling Bernardo for the fee being reported, when the season has already started, would be a very bad move by him and the club. I still think he has done a terrific job here overall, I just think this could/can be handled way better. Apparently its insane to think so according to most posters here.
And you wonder why people think you insane?

Cant remember us being in such a bad situation transfer wise for years. I'm happy with the signings we have made, and I think Txiki has done a tremendous job for us over the years, but to have so much unfinished business at this point is just not good enough. The season has already started and we have 5 fit senior defenders, having sold a good squad defender 3 weeks ago without having his replacement lined up in time for when the season starts. I assume Txiki had done his job and had a list of LB alternatives long before the transfer window opened, especially when we decided to sell our only backup fullback. Why we decided to wait with bidding on Cucurella until there was no time to get a replacement in before the season started if we couldnt get a deal done, I have no idea. The same day our final bid for Cucurella was rejected we should be negotiating a deal with another club/player to make sure we are not extremely vulnerable when the season starts. No matter how you look at it, the whole LB situation has been poorly handled. The season has started, and no one is signed.

On top of this it looks very likely we are willing to let a key player leave for half his value without any real possibility to replace him without it being a huge downgrade, again when the season has already started. All because another club prioritized signing just about every other player in Europe before they turned to us, we are apparently the one club that had no issue with waiting until the very last weeks of the window to get a deal done, even if it puts us in a terrible position. Since Barcelona have already spent about 200m on other players we must apparently also have to settle with a ridiculously low fee since they now cant afford to pay us more.

What on earth are we doing? This is not how we usually handle business, or is a way any serious club should handle its business. Did Txiki have a stroke, or why is he allowing us to be in such a bad situation all of the sudden when he has never allowed it before? And if its not true, why are we allowing another club to talk about us and our players on a daily basis all summer without doing something about it?

Something is very strange about how we are handling our business this summer. Some clarity from the club would be welcomed.
Send in your CV to Khaldoon I’m sure he would be interested in the job you could do much better

You said this.

Cant remember us being in such a bad situation transfer wise for years.

That looks like a conclusion to me ?
Yes, that was my conclusion on our current transfer dealings if we would end up selling Bernardo. Not sure how saying it would be bad if we sell Bernardo is slating the club, thats basically just stating the obvious. Saying the opposite, that it would be good if the club sell Bernardo with a week or two before the window closes, would be insanity.

1000%. WTF does playing in Italy have to do with this particular guy? I would take Barella in a heartbeat. Theo today. A healthy Chiesa. Rudiger came from Serie A. How'd he do? How about Jorginho? He did OK. Koulibaly and Scamacca have just come over. How's Kulusevski making out at Spurs? Or Betancur? How about the good old eye test? Watch Leao play, even for Portugal, look at his attributes and productivity at 22 and then tell me he's a one year wonder, a huge risk, and that we shouldn't take him if afforded the opportunity. Man, I'm having fun today.
The number of Italian league flops is a heck of alot more then the successes especially at City its a much slower league where players go to extend their career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.