It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I said “or maybe” I was hardly being strident in my tone. Thanks for being the latest Noel Know All in the forum by the way.
Hard to tell on here sometimes. it looked like you were saying Ait Nouri wasn't good enough full stop. My apologies if I misread your intent. I'm not trying to be a know it all. I just get a bit annoyed when people say, not good enough, not our level, and other ambiguous stuff without offering some kind of reason, lacks pace, poor injury record, poor technically, etc. Its an arrogant, authoritative bent IMO. I'm not saying you were doing that but I had responded to someone who did just that before you weighed in. Its all good.

Sources today stating Lyon are willing to sell for £33m, including add-ons. I don't know. Maybe they could bump the price. My gut feeling is this is one where the agent might have the upper hand here. I can imagine they may have found a way to strengthen his right to leave under certain circumstances when he joined from AC Milan.

He joined Milan for a lot of money. He didn't do well there, but Milan weren't great. He was very young, first time in Europe. Someone who has been groomed for the top all the way through.

Seems to me his agent would have insisted on contingencies if he turned it around big time at Lyon. The deal with Lyon seems likely to have been made with that in mind, all parties on the same page. I find it hard to believe the agent had to lie about the situation, and let his client join someone who would potentially keep him in a lesser league, against his will, for the whole five year contract, until he was 27/28.

Lyon still has to bring in a replacement which is very tricky given the lateness in the transfer window. Besides that we might not be that interested in the player and probably not spend until next season.

Sources today stating Lyon are willing to sell for £33m, including add-ons. I don't know. Maybe they could bump the price. My gut feeling is this is one where the agent might have the upper hand here. I can imagine they may have found a way to strengthen his right to leave under certain circumstances when he joined from AC Milan.

He joined Milan for a lot of money. He didn't do well there, but Milan weren't great. He was very young, first time in Europe. Someone who has been groomed for the top all the way through.

Seems to me his agent would have insisted on contingencies if he turned it around big time at Lyon. The deal with Lyon seems likely to have been made with that in mind, all parties on the same page. I find it hard to believe the agent had to lie about the situation, and let his client join someone who would potentially keep him in a lesser league, against his will, for the whole five year contract, until he was 27/28.
what sources?

Lyon still has to bring in a replacement which is very tricky given the lateness in the transfer window. Besides that we might not be that interested in the player and probably not spend until next season.

They still have Aouar and brought In Roman Faivre last season, another attacking midfielder, they have plenty of options there. 8 midfielders for 3 spots basically

what sources?

They still have Aouar and brought In Roman Faivre last season, another attacking midfielder, they have plenty of options there. 8 midfielders for 3 spots basically
Still I doubt we will bring Paqueta in as a replacement. If we did sell Bernardo this season we probably sit tight with the money and use Grealish more. Next summer we would probably use the money then for a replacement (not necessarily Bellingham)

I agree. Extend Gundogan deal , give him another year or 2 at least. Only that back injury of concern. I could see him converting to a back role staff role after this spell - good guy to keep within the club.
Can totally see him managing us (and being really good at it)

I agree. Extend Gundogan deal , give him another year or 2 at least. Only that back injury of concern. I could see him converting to a back role staff role after this spell - good guy to keep within the club.

Think he wants to back to Germany at some point and besides he wants to be Manager, he never really have a chance in here for atleast few year.

He is a good source for West Ham, so can only imagine they also enquired for him and from there this price indication came from

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.