It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

He is now. I'd wager his profile was similar to Lodi's before he came to City.

Of all the players signed under Pep, I'd say Walker is the one who has developed the most, which a credit to both the player and Pep (one clearly wanted to learn and the other loves to teach).

Any decent player with the right attitude will improve under Pep.

Of all the players signed under Pep, I'd say Walker is the one who has developed the most, which a credit to both the player and Pep (one clearly wanted to learn and the other loves to teach).

He has developed a lot, but lets be clear, he walked in one his first day and was a guaranteed starter and the team's entire structure was dependent on his ability to lock down half the pitch on his own, and that's stayed true every week for 5 years.

The biggest improvement in the team from 2016 to 2017 was we got Walker to kill off every counterattack and breakway that had cost us 10+ goals and more points in Pep's first season.

Didn't Aguero say pretty much the same thing?

Must be another ex-rag deflecting attention...
Thats my opinion, didn't say you have to agree with It, for what It's worth Aguero was pally with Sterling and probably felt he'd been hard done by the club.

I’d put Fabien Delph in the ring for that award too!

He is now. I'd wager his profile was similar to Lodi's before he came to City.
Walker had already been in the PFA team of the year twice, and won the Young player of the year award while at Spurs. He was about as close to world class as one could be coming into the squad.

Lodi has not had near that "personal" success while at Altetico.

Walker had already been in the PFA team of the year twice, and won the Young player of the year award while at Spurs. He was about as close to world class as one could be coming into the squad.

Lodi has not had near that "personal" success while at Altetico.
Difficult to do that, when your managers instructions are limited to: pass back, kick leg, foul, put your hands up, kick leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.