It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

In early reports from April-May, Atletico were not expecting him to start the 2022-2023 season. His low release clause would ease the process, and fast track the transfer.

Over RG he is younger, but not really our style of player.
Of course after being "educated" by Simeone, he would fit Burnley, but still surprising we are only hinting at him now.

Hopefully it's not just a rumour. As a LaLiga watcher I really like him.

Rio Ferdinand is one of the stupidest pundits alive. He has singlehandedly convinced me that getting rid of Sterling was an exceptional piece of business.

The infamous "let him write whatever numbers he wants" rant is famous but not the pick of the Camelgob Embarrassment connoisseur.

I can't find the video now, but it's the one on BT Sport where he says with his chest proudly pushed out that he would make a great Director of Football. Jake Humphries then asks him the obvious question - "so what would you do to fix the mess at United?" to which our confident new DoF answered "well I dunno, it's tough isn't it?"

Pity Silva only wants Barcelona
I'm not sure he only wants Barcelona he just wants that lifestyle which he would also get in Madrid.

I think there were rumours last summer that he would be open to a move to Atletico. Whether they can afford him is a whole other issue.

I'm not sure he only wants Barcelona he just wants that lifestyle which he would also get in Madrid.

I think there were rumours last summer that he would be open to a move to Atletico. Whether they can afford him is a whole other issue.

He was desperate to go to Atletico last summer.

Mendes couldn't make it happen.

release clause special might tempt city though if they rate Lodi higher then they might pay the £51m?
51 mill is still a big boy fee for a Full Back.

We Started huffing and puffing at 35 million for Cindirella.

Then it depends if Guerreiro will go for about 25-30. 28, 1 year left on his deal.

If he does, we ain't paying 51 million.

Assumption was always Lodi not for sale.

I'm a bit confused as to why City would assume a player with a €60m release clause wasn't for sale?

It doesn't matter if he's for sale or not if they pay the release clause.

He's also been heavily linked with Juventus and Newcastle this summer so seems like he's looking to move.

I'm just not convinced by this one, it could have been done in May if they wanted him and if he was second choice then it wouldn't have taken 2 weeks after Cucurella was off for the links to emerge (let alone a deal).

Instead we're signing 21 year old project players and sniffing around Guerreiro.

I'll also stick my neck out and say I think the main reason people are in love with him is because he scored the goal that knocked United out of the Champions League last season? Because I didn't recall him doing anything against us, he didn't have a thread on here until an hour ago and he's not even a guaranteed starter for Atletico.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused as to why City would assume a player with a €60m release clause wasn't for sale?

It doesn't matter if he's for sale or not if they pay the release clause.

He's also been heavily linked with Juventus and Newcastle this summer.
Early May for those links. Silence since then, maybe he's loading a new deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.