It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Mate, if it was up to me that's what I'd do & it's what I want the club to do. However I'm not the club, so they'll do as they see fit.

Yes Palmer maybe part of the solution, or he may need a season or two to settle like Foden did & we've got enough wing cover in the meantime. Personally I'd prefer a Sterling replacement & another first team left back.
Fair enough. I don’t think we will I think we are saving money for future windows. Gundo, Kev are not young anymore and Bernie may leave. To replace those 3 over the next couple of years is not going to be cheap and I can only see us selling Bernie, the others will be on frees

Fair enough. I don’t think we will I think we are saving money for future windows. Gundo, Kev are not young anymore and Bernie may leave. To replace those 3 over the next couple of years is not going to be cheap and I can only see us selling Bernie, the others will be on frees
As I said, Bernie departing changes that. If he leaves this window or next summer & Gundog isn't offered a contract extension as it seems, that leaves us with a 32/33 year old KDB out of our current No 8/10 options.

Bernardo's future over the next 12 months is gonna have monumental ramifications for Manchester City in midfield...

HOWEVER, could this be the opportunity for Foden to replace Silva? I never thought about it & dismissed it when it was mooted on here last week, but could central midfield be Grealish's ultimate destination?

The more I've thought about it, the more sense it seems to make...

So we might as well tell Alvarez and Cole to fuk off then we dont want you after all. Im going to back Pep with that one ffs
Alvarez/Haaland

Cole is untested over a full season in the PL, & like Foden he may take a season or two to fully step up. That leaves us with 3 wide players & an EDS player who may or may not hit the grade over the next 2 seasons.

I'd rather the winger certainty, & to ease Palmer in over the next two seasons & not have to rely too heavily on him, exactly as we did with Foden.

In two seasons time, Mahrez will be 34 & Palmer will have 2 seasons under his belt & just like with Rodri eventually taking over from Fernandinho, Palmer can organically take over from Mahrez. That's my thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.