It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Pep has form for this, as both Bernardo & KDB started out as wide players, whereby Guardiola moved them both inside where they've excelled...
I understand that.

Im saying that at present Grealish is nowhere near that level of ability....or even the maturity to play that role....

For me Foden is already a far superior player than Grealish

It would be Grealish. Whether he is ready to kick on is open to suggestion. Next season we have a better chance in replacing Bernardo.
Think it would be Foden myself, I’m sure there was a Pep quote from last season saying Foden was almost ready to move inside.
I just think if you list all Bernardos best qualities Foden would tick most of them.
Then replace Bernardo / Foden with a winger, obviously next summer would be better, and think it will be next summer.

Think it would be Foden myself, I’m sure there was a Pep quote from last season saying Foden was almost ready to move inside.
I just think if you list all Bernardos best qualities Foden would tick most of them.
Then replace Bernardo / Foden with a winger, obviously next summer would be better, and think it will be next summer.
Either off them would get the chance if Bernardo departs this season but it does seem Foden has the advantage as he had been involved in the league games vs Liverpool

Wonder if we might see it tried tomorrow

I understand that.

Im saying that at present Grealish is nowhere near that level of ability....or even the maturity to play that role....

For me Foden is already a far superior player than Grealish
We'll see. I never considered it myself until last week when someone kept mentioning he reckoned City bought Grealish to replace Bernardo, who Pep thought was going to leave last season.

Thinking about it, I can actually see something in that line of thought. Grealish was no worse in his first season under Pep, than Rodri, Cancelo, Mahrez etc, so I suppose this season will tell us a lot more about Jack & City's longterm plan for him.

We'll see. I never considered it myself until last week when someone kept mentioning he reckoned City bought Grealish to replace Bernardo, who Pep thought was going to leave last season.

Thinking about it, I can actually see something in that line of thought. Grealish was no worse in his first season under Pep, than Rodri, Cancelo, Mahrez etc, so I suppose this season will tell us a lot more about Jack & City's longterm plan for him.
Didn’t he play as an 8 against Spurs away in the opening game last season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.