It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Was exactly the same with Sterling, the media and Dippers fans agenda was putrid and a contingency of our fans also jumped on the bandwagon.
And they are still going at him as well even now he has left....his contribution to what the team have achieved over the past seasons is criminally underrated

As I said, Bernie departing changes that. If he leaves this window or next summer & Gundog isn't offered a contract extension as it seems, that leaves us with a 32/33 year old KDB out of our current No 8/10 options.

Bernardo's future over the next 12 months is gonna have monumental ramifications for Manchester City in midfield...

HOWEVER, could this be the opportunity for Foden to replace Silva? I never thought about it & dismissed it when it was mooted on here last week, but could central midfield be Grealish's ultimate destination?

The more I've thought about it, the more sense it seems to make...
Grealish is going to have to hugely improve his game to take on that role....he is a level or 2 below KDB in ability and application at present.

There seems to be an element of city fans who also want Jack to fail? Very strange and maybe they have been warped by the media
Very true cannot believe that minority don’t see it.

He is now our jack the lad, he has that fire in his belly (except when on summer hols and rightly so) so don’t fall for the media rubbish. He has already contributed to last seasons league and but for a few wordie saves from Courtouis we may have had Chumps glory.

Let’s set our sights on this year and beyond!

OR Grealish or Foden could move inside, meaning we could be looking for a wide player instead...
Foden has the skill range to do it.....but maybe not the maturity at present....decision making is an area Pep has said he needs to improve on
Not going to comment more on Grealish as I want to see what he does this season

It would be Grealish. Whether he is ready to kick on is open to suggestion. Next season we have a better chance in replacing Bernardo.
Fully agree....

Keeping Bernardo one more season gives us time to replace him as well as see if Grealish can make the step up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.