It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Foden is great but he doesn't have the same hunger/drive/edge/fight as Bernardo. Plus he would not have the stamina to do what Bernardo does. That said there are 5 subs this season so he only needs to be a terrier for 60 mins.
Maybe not, but when we replaced David Silva, Toure , Fernandinho we didn’t replace them with replicas of those players, they like Bernardo like KDB even Gundogan are all unique players. Replacing them with other different but probably in their own way unique players doesn’t mean replacing them with worse players just we need to adjust around them and their qualaties.

Maybe not, but when we replaced David Silva, Toure , Fernandinho we didn’t replace them with replicas of those players, they like Bernardo like KDB even Gundogan are all unique players. Replacing them with other different but probably in their own way unique players doesn’t mean replacing them with worse players just we need to adjust around them and their qualaties.
Good point.

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

0 Out

1 In

Gomez

Full Back Situation: Gomez not yet announced but City have signed him and Pep says he is a City player tether than one for the CFG. It appears that Gomez might be a back up to the starting left back with Nouri, Lodi and Guerreiro being linked again while the Sosa links seem to be fading a little. Pep as expected didn’t give anything away.

Is this City’s last signing this window? It doesn’t feel that way But we shall see.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September (20 days left)

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum.

We'll see. I never considered it myself until last week when someone kept mentioning he reckoned City bought Grealish to replace Bernardo, who Pep thought was going to leave last season.

Thinking about it, I can actually see something in that line of thought. Grealish was no worse in his first season under Pep, than Rodri, Cancelo, Mahrez etc, so I suppose this season will tell us a lot more about Jack & City's longterm plan for him.
I gwt why people may think that and Im not disagreeing BUT they have very different skill sets

Agree also......huge season for Grealiah.....he needs to step it up

Hopefully Newcastle don’t push on as many think they will and Bruno from there can have his head turned next summer If and when that is Bernardo leaves

Foden is great but he doesn't have the same hunger/drive/edge/fight as Bernardo. Plus he would not have the stamina to do what Bernardo does. That said there are 5 subs this season so he only needs to be a terrier for 60 mins.
I'd have no worries with Foden replacing Bernardo centrally. They're different players, but both have outstanding qualities which set them apart.

We'll probably have to replace Silva this summer or next & to be honest, he's pretty unique at what he does, but he's not irreplaceable... )(

I gwt why people may think that and Im not disagreeing BUT they have very different skill sets

Agree also......huge season for Grealiah.....he needs to step it up
Agreed, but I spent years depressing myself at the thought of replacing David Silva, Touré, Aguero, Kompany & Fernandinho... Lol :-)

Thankfully we've not done too badly since. We're not the same team, but we're similarly impressive & some would argue we're even better.

Now I've just got to stop depressing myself about losing Bernardo, KDB, Gundog & Walker! I've had previous experience now, so I reckon I'll survive the transition, BUT don't get me started about losing Pep Guardiola! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.