It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Yeah, I think he did as we hardly had any players back from the Euros.

Sure it was Fernandinho, Gundogan and Grealish in midfield, with Mahrez, Sterling and Torres up top.
He may well have been played as a No 8. I remember being pissed off that Pep played a "weakened" team, or players out of position, claiming our players were too tired & FIFA/UEFA expect them to play much more football than is safe for them.

It always seemed Pep was more making a point & taking a stand, rather than giving returning players a half each. At least he's tried to hit the ground running this season.

Back to Jack in central midfield... Personally I'd like to see him tried there a few times in some easier home games. I think it best we start planning for life after Bernardo Silva from now.

He may well have been played as a No 8. I remember being pissed off that Pep played a "weakened" team, or players out of position, claiming our players were too tired & FIFA/UEFA expect them to play much more football than is safe for them.

It always seemed Pep was more making a point & taking a stand, rather than giving returning players a half each. At least he's tried to hit the ground running this season.

Back to Jack in central midfield... Personally I'd like to see him tried there a few times in some easier home games. I think it best we start planning for life after Bernardo Silva from now.
Like tomorrow?

Think it would be Foden myself, I’m sure there was a Pep quote from last season saying Foden was almost ready to move inside.
I just think if you list all Bernardos best qualities Foden would tick most of them.
Then replace Bernardo / Foden with a winger, obviously next summer would be better, and think it will be next summer.
Foden is great but he doesn't have the same hunger/drive/edge/fight as Bernardo. Plus he would not have the stamina to do what Bernardo does. That said there are 5 subs this season so he only needs to be a terrier for 60 mins.

Foden is great but he doesn't have the same hunger/drive/edge/fight as Bernardo. Plus he would not have the stamina to do what Bernardo does. That said there are 5 subs this season so he only needs to be a terrier for 60 mins.
You think? I think he does have those qualities in abundance. It’s what’s behind the ears that might limit Foden most.

Like tomorrow?
Lol yeah! :-)

Maybe not to start with, but Grealish playing in central midfield in the second half will go a little way in settling a few questions.

I'm always wary of newly promoted teams, because their sheer enthusiasm can bridge the class divide if we're not fully up to speed as the Dippers found out last week, so I wouldn't want us to take unnecessary risks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.