It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Agreed, but I spent years depressing myself at the thought of replacing David Silva, Touré, Aguero, Kompany & Fernandinho... Lol :-)

Thankfully we've not done too badly since. We're not the same team, but we're similarly impressive & some would argue we're even better.

Now I've just got to stop depressing myself about losing Bernardo, KDB, Gundog & Walker! I've had previous experience now, so I reckon I'll survive the transition, BUT don't get me started about losing Pep Guardiola! :-)
The only flaw in your comparrison is that when Pep got those players you mention they were already closing in on the end of their careers.

Imagine Pep getting Kun, David Silva, Ferna and Kompany as younger players (not including Yaya in that as Pep had him at Barca)....and adding them to this squad and removing a few of the other players (Take out Laporte or John Stones for instance and replace him with Kompany, take out Grealish and replace him with a prime David Silva etc),

Agree on the losing Pep bit as well.....Ive been thinking a lot about how the club will be planning the succession phase for after Pep.....Im sure they will have a short list of managers of who it could be and I wonder if Pep himself has some sort of input into those discussions. I wonder if the club are monitoring managers such as Arteta, Viera, Kompany to see how their careers and styles progress over the next couple of seasons or will we go for someone completely different?

The only flaw in your comparrison is that when Pep got those players you mention they were already closing in on the end of their careers.

Imagine Pep getting Kun, David Silva, Ferna and Kompany as younger players (not including Yaya in that as Pep had him at Barca)....and adding them to this squad and removing a few of the other players (Take out Laporte or John Stones for instance and replace him with Kompany, take out Grealish and replace him with a prime David Silva etc),

Agree on the losing Pep bit as well.....Ive been thinking a lot about how the club will be planning the succession phase for after Pep.....Im sure they will have a short list of managers of who it could be and I wonder if Pep himself has some sort of input into those discussions. I wonder if the club are monitoring managers such as Arteta, Viera, Kompany to see how their careers and styles progress over the next couple of seasons or will we go for someone completely different?
They were once in a generation players, but the one certainty is that at some point they'd need to be replaced. I don't think we've done too badly, but yeah imagine that lot in their younger days under Guardiola! Scary! :-)

Yes, I think a lot about Pep's replacement which is why I'm watching Burnley now & keep an eye on Arsenal & Palace to see how all their managers are progressing.

To be fair, they all seem to be doing well, but there's only one Guardiola. \0/

They were once in a generation players, but the one certainty is that at some point they'd need to be replaced. I don't think we've done too badly, but yeah imagine that lot in their younger days under Guardiola! Scary! :-)

Yes, I think a lot about Pep's replacement which is why I'm watching Burnley now & keep an eye on Arsenal & Palace to see how all their managers are progressing.

To be fair, they all seem to be doing well, but there's only one Guardiola. \0/
Arteta has done well to turn that clusterfuck around that was Arsenal

For a team like City to have 11 players on the pitch performing at World class standard in every game is unrealistic . Sometimes if not frequently we have to acknowledge that it's a team game and some players will be mediocre providing a service that allows others to be world class..
That’s far too logical for some

Just watched Dortmund win undeservedly vs Freiburg. Bellingham was about the 6th or 7th best player on Dortmund. Raffphaeeeal Guerrerrrorreroo played fine, fwiw. I think I am really edging towards gently stepping off the Bellingham hype train. 50M? Fine. 100M? c'mon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.