It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Not sure how well Stoke are doing these days but I'm sure the lad will be pleased to go to his dad's club
There were reports Kompany was interested in him. Surely that would have been a better option considering the type of football Vinny's trying to instil at Turf Moor?

I suppose a chance to be around his Dad proved pivotal. The only concerning thing is Stoke's style of play. I know Hughes tried to change it, but have they managed to flush the Pulis effect out of the club? :-/

It probably is ingrained. I see a fair amount of youth football matches because one of my daughter plays.

Not all, but many of the younger boys are complete shit houses. They dive, hold their hands up and do the whole "who me?" look after committing a blatant foul, not to mention argue amongst themselves if someone thinks they deserve the ball more.

Again, this is not every boys youth team but I see it more than I want to see it. The girls aren't immune to it but a lot fewer, in my experience, act this way. That said, I've seen some right snider girls too.
Shit rolls down hill.....they have watched their idols perform over reaction/theatrics and plain cheating....so they think its the norm and copy it.

My biggest gripe is with the officials who dont recognise it,or,worse still...allow it to go unpunished.Sending offs or retrospective bans would soon curtail the nonsense.

They average about 60% possession nowadays.

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. I had seen a few match reports from them having even/less possession but I'm probably basing my opinion on 'classic' Stoke, which is unfair. Ah well, hope it works out for Delap.

ederson
ortega
carson
walker
dias
stones
laporte
ake
cancelo
gomez
rodri
phillips
de bruyne
gundogan
bernardo silva
foden
mahrez
grealish
alvarez
haaland

so 17 outfield senior players that will be supplemented by palmer, wilson-esbrand and rico lewis. Do we think thats enough to go for all competitions and the world cup in the middle of the season? I think we need another midfielder to be honest and would have liked kabore back to back up walker as he has played alot of senior football for his age and seems extremely highly rated.
Here's how I think players can cover each other...maybe we'll finally get Ederson outfield? :-)
1660728720395.png

I hope there is one more signing (this window or next) in preparation for Gundogan/Bernardo going next season so that whoever it is has time to settle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.