It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I assumed his dig about the lack of hunger from players to the management was about a lack of drive from everyone about wanting to stay ahead of the opposition mate? He called out the whole organization for being complacent and not having enough hunger to push on? That can be said at the players hunger and professionalism but also the club not investing enough in certain players/areas ie maybe left back and he has also said in the past about squads need refreshing every 2 years to keep things hungry
I get it was calling the players out but I think its a stretch to suggest that was any sort of hint that we need new players....I took it as him digging the players out to get them back to their levels

Bellingham
Gundogan
KDB
Perone
Foden
Grealish
Palmer
Alvarez
Mahrez
Haaland
Out of that list I think Gundo will certainly leave

However the other issues are there.

Mahrez - not consistent throughout a season...ina purple patch which he has most years but then people forget the other months of dross from him

KDB - BIG issue with him....it could be temporary but i think we are seeing the decline of him - I also wouldnt bet against that Peps dig about players attitude wasnt aimed at KDB (being one of those players) - his attitude this year at times has been poor on the pitch

Palmer - not hitting the heights people believed he would at the moment..maybe a loan out is needed

Perrone - completely unproven and there is equal chance of him ending up at Schalke or somewhere like that on loan as there is of him being a first team regular...Im hoping we have unearthed a gem but Ill wait to see what happens with him before including him in any sort of list for next year

Grealish - has improved but is anyone seriously suggesting that Grealish even at the top of his game is a replacement for the likes of Bernardo, Gundo or KDB who have all been pivitol to any recent successes we have had in league titles etc. - he isnt at their level when they are on top of their game and Im not sure he is capable of reaching that level even with his improvement.

Bellingham - "he is not the Messiah" - clearly has huge potential BUT will he reach it?? He has been built up to be this amazing world class player when at present he isnt. he stands out playing for England who if in the prem would struggle to get above midtable

Out of that list I think Gundo will certainly leave

However the other issues are there.

Mahrez - not consistent throughout a season...ina purple patch which he has most years but then people forget the other months of dross from him

KDB - BIG issue with him....it could be temporary but i think we are seeing the decline of him - I also wouldnt bet against that Peps dig about players attitude wasnt aimed at KDB (being one of those players) - his attitude this year at times has been poor on the pitch

Palmer - not hitting the heights people believed he would at the moment..maybe a loan out is needed

Perrone - completely unproven and there is equal chance of him ending up at Schalke or somewhere like that on loan as there is of him being a first team regular...Im hoping we have unearthed a gem but Ill wait to see what happens with him before including him in any sort of list for next year

Grealish - has improved but is anyone seriously suggesting that Grealish even at the top of his game is a replacement for the likes of Bernardo, Gundo or KDB who have all been pivitol to any recent successes we have had in league titles etc. - he isnt at their level when they are on top of their game and Im not sure he is capable of reaching that level even with his improvement.

Bellingham - "he is not the Messiah" - clearly has huge potential BUT will he reach it?? He has been built up to be this amazing world class player when at present he isnt. he stands out playing for England who if in the prem would struggle to get above midtable

I agree with most of that.

I think the previous poster is looking at our squad through the wonder of Blue tints.

Again..Bellingham doesnt come close to those two at their best.....yes neither are this season but Bellingham as good as he is, is not as good as those 2 and you are not giving enough credit to those two players and what they have produced over the last 6-7 seasons if you think they can be replaced by one who has never ever played in the prem and is being built up to be something that he is not (yet - he could be but he aint at present)...Perrone again - he will be assessed - he could be a good buy..he could end up on loan at Schlake - thats how little fans know of him at present.

Agree on Gomez and Phillips as well (though Phillips could probably be afforded some time to see if he can)
I thought it was pretty much accepted that Bernardo and Gundogan we’re both leaving? Grealish and Foden could also be moved in centrally if required.

I suggested Cancelo swap for Théo Hernandez as that was a strong rumour.
I actually really like Cancelo but we’re hearing he wants to leave and Théo Hernandez would be real strength at LB. The other option would be Théo Hernandez to Bayern to play with his brother and Alfonso Davies to City but again very unlikely. Is there a shortage of top quality Left backs around at the moment?

Think the two who definitely will go is Sliva and Cancelo! Gundogan Laporte could still stay so that’s two out and we probably bring 2/3 in only

I thought it was pretty much accepted that Bernardo and Gundogan we’re both leaving? Grealish and Foden could also be moved in centrally if required.

I suggested Cancelo swap for Théo Hernandez as that was a strong rumour.
I actually really like Cancelo but we’re hearing he wants to leave and Théo Hernandez would be real strength at LB. The other option would be Théo Hernandez to Bayern to play with his brother and Alfonso Davies to City but again very unlikely. Is there a shortage of top quality Left backs around at the moment?
Rumoured by us, not actually anyone in the press.

I agree with most of that.

I think the previous poster is looking at our squad through the wonder of Blue tints.
No ,whatever you think of those players most are unlikely to leave and unless they do they won’t be replaced,. from the forward /midfield players Bernardo and Gundogan at most Also though I don’t think the players and squad are as far off as a few are making out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.