It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think one of the biggest things this summer will be how much everyone else is spending. Pep has always said you need to reinvest to stay relevant but you also need to spend to not be left behind. Put it this way, we won’t be the only team spending 100+m far from it.

Gomez hasn’t really been used and depends where his head is at and how the coaching staff rate him. Both may be happy for him to remain the second choice LB meaning we go all out for one main LB that plays the majority of the games and again if not comfortable with Gomez still someone like Ake slots in for a game or two. Not ideal but I’m not saying for half a season just one or two games. I don’t think we will buy 2 left backs, unless Gomez goes to Girona and the LB they have their comes as a understudy for example. It would have to be a similar approach. Solid left back/Rotational left back, not like how we operate in the right.

Foden I can see being tried in midfield but also there to play out wide if needed meaning we bring in one winger. Mahrez stays, Jack might also get tried in the middle to see which one does better. Hopefully we go for a winger like Leao, maybe this AC interest in Cancelo is a good thing for us. Playing someone like Foden in midfield certainly helps resting KDB more.

Gundo and Bernado are probably gone. I keep thinking Gundo will sign for one more year so we don’t have to spend big to replace him as we will with Bernie, but maybe that’s where Perrone comes in, a academy player or perhaps we look at free agents. I like the idea of Aouar but not sure it happens. I think losing Bernado you go for someone like Bellingham, Enzo or someone else at a high level.

I think Walker stays, that one makes far more sense to me than Gundo situation and not just because he’s out of contract but Walkers still has a big role here.

I wonder if we get another CB if Laporte leaves, we have needed 5 this year but maybe see more of Rodri drop if we get a comfortable midfield.

GK - Ederson, Ortega, Carson
Rb - Walker, Lewis
Lb - New left back (ex. Theo), Gomez or another role player
Cb - Stones, Dias, Akanji, Ake

Cm- Rodri, Phillips, Bellingham, Gundo/Aouar, KDB, Foden

W- Mahrez, Leao, Grealish, Palmer

Cf- Haaland, Alavarez

Then we will go into another season not properly prepared and in danger of falling from our perch.
Our midfield needs an overhaul,there may be as many as 3 or 4 positions that need attention.
No we won’t . I reckon we’ll see a midfield 6 of Rodri, Phillips, Bellingham KDB, Gundogan maybe Foden and or Grealish
A front 5 of Haaland Alvarez Mahrez Grealish or Foden plus a new wide player.
Apart from left back defence is fine.
That will be good enough, anyone thinking we need much more is underestimating our squad, and manager.

Not bothered about specifics when it comes to who we should/shouldn’t buy. My main worry is why we have made a net profit in the transfer market (when others are splashing the cash in a major way) yet are clearly intent on spending nothing - when the squad definitely needs a little refresh (nothing major - I’m not flapping!). The only other top team not spending is the rags because they’re skint but even they have made a decent loan move.

Why are we not looking to improve the squad? Even if we’re saving for a known major summer purchase (Bellingham?) we should not let it impact on this season or we could end up without a trophy.

Something is odd. Anyone throw any light on the situation??

No we won’t . I reckon we’ll see a midfield 6 of Rodri, Phillips, Bellingham KDB, Gundogan maybe Foden and or Grealish
A front 5 of Haaland Alvarez Mahrez Grealish or Foden plus a new wide player.
Apart from left back defence is fine.
That will be good enough, anyone thinking we need much more is underestimating our squad, and manager.
That sounds a healthy squad but it’s not really because you’ve already included Foden & Grealish in the midfield count so you can’t include them in the front 5 as well

That sounds a healthy squad but it’s not really because you’ve already included Foden & Grealish in the midfield count so you can’t include them in the front 5 as well
I think only one will be a midfield regular, just not sure which one.

Reactions: CC1
We’ll see
We will and I predict IF we don't spend and revamp this squad in a significant way we will be looking for a new manager.

Pep has his rant last week to one and all for a reason, he knows our level has dropped and it was a reminder to everyone associated with this club from top to bottom that it's not acceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.