It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I have a feeling that this may not be our year. Some of this is because Kevin isn't playing to his typical level, and I think in the past, particularly during the year he was injured, we could make up the difference. But we are getting a look at what it will look like when he's getting too old to compete at the highest level. I don't think he's there yet, but I don't think people understand what he means to our success. So we just need to find the next Kevin de Bruyne. Easy, right?
Agree generally, but isn’t there a stat that without KDB in team we are almost if not more successful as when he does play (?). And no, I’m not suggesting we shouldn’t play him etc.

I don't understand the clubs aversion to a left back. I wasn't expecting them to sign one within 24 hours but this has been what, 5 or 6 windows in a row its been a clear need and hasn't been addressed? Very odd. I get not wanting to overpay and there's a lack of talented LBs on the market but something has to he better than nothing at this point.

I don't understand the clubs aversion to a left back. I wasn't expecting them to sign one within a 24 hours but this has been what, 5 or 6 windows in a row its been a clear need and hasn't been addressed? Very odd. I get not wanting to overpay and there's a lack of talented LBs on the market but something has to he better than nothing at this point.
Gomez is the embodiment of ‘something is not always better than nothing’. And we no longer actually play with a left back in the traditional sense. Our ‘left back’ is really a left centre back in a back 3. So if we’re to sign anyone, it actually makes more sense to me to buy someone to replace Laporte long term than it does to replace Cancelo. Gvardiol basically.

Gomez was an inexpensive signing. We do this frequently, and sometimes a little anonymously. The fact that we need a left back does not make him "the signing". He may not be the guy, but I'm sure he's filling a role somewhere. And maybe he will get better. If not, off he goes.

Cannot understand the reaction to Maddison. Two-footed, brilliant dribbler/creator with great goalscoring potential and set piece ability. Familiar with the league. More of a goal threat than anything we have barring KDB. One year remaining on contract and currently 26 years old.

If he has been constantly able to make things happen for a drab Leicester side year in year out, he might be able to do the same for City.

Cannot understand the reaction to Maddison. Two-footed, brilliant dribbler/creator with great goalscoring potential and set piece ability. Familiar with the league. More of a goal threat than anything we have barring KDB. One year remaining on contract and currently 26 years old.

If he has been constantly able to make things happen for a drab Leicester side year in year out, he might be able to do the same for City.
Well, why? He's good. But he's not what we need, really. We already have everything he does, in spades.

The rags were willing to pay it mate, thankfully he wouldn't go there. Just hope they aren't in for him in the summer and he has a change of mind if they get CL football. That would be a sickener.
If they get Dejong and a top striker they will be serious title challengers.

Well, why? He's good. But he's not what we need, really. We already have everything he does, in spades.
I tend to disagree. Outside KDB and Foden we lack a creative player who can conjure something out of nothing through dribbling or shooting from distance. He’s also a better passer/final third decision maker than anybody else IMO.

So according to Sam Lee in the whyalways podcast, there was an attempt to get Maddison in loan and 20 mill summer transfer yesterday. Leicester plain refused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.