It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I’m with those getting slightly concerned.

The Cancelo/ Zin out and Gomes in is awful business.

Fern out Phillips in is ok (Fern was done, but Phillips is dubious ATM)

Sterling/ Jesus out for Haaland/ Alvarez in is great business.

It’s not terrible overall but we have a reduction of quality at LB, dubious switch as back up CM and a significant upgrade up front.

Good midfielders are everywhere. We need great midfielders to carry on what has defined this club for the last decade.

Not every one of them has to be world class but we've had around three top tier midfielders in our squad for the vast majority of that time. By the time next season starts, we'll have two and one of them will be 32.

Other clubs around us in the league are improving. Our recruitment over the next 18 months is going to be absolutely fucking crucial if we're serious about maintaining what we have built.
Before pep leaves City he needs a re-build and our recruitment needs to up their game big time

I get we have quotas to fill of English players and that that may increase over the next years (the requirement/numbers of players)....but Madison, grealish are hardly players for the future.....Madison is 26, Grealish is 27 (i think).
Ive seen enough of Grealish to know he isnt as good as people make him out to be and I know he will never reach the level of David Silva for instance...nor Gundogan and nor KDB...fuck he wont even reach Foden level.....Maddison (who i think is a better player than Grealish) wont either...

I also know for a fact that all these recruitment teams make mistakes from time to time.....and for every Alvarez there is a Rodwell, Bony or Scott Sinclair, Nolito, Fernando, Mangala or Jo!
Jo would have been a great signing had he not been cup-tied

its not about like for like in terms of style, its about like for like in terms of level...

We seem to be aiming low with recent and future purchases and for some reason seem to focus on overrated English talent
Maddison is decent but will never have the ceiling of any of our current players.....same as Grealish wont
Rice is a level or two below them
Im still undecided on Bellingham - not sure if thats cause the hype is so riduculous around him that I dont belive he could possibly be that good but still could be very good or Im missing something with him.....

This level of player is not fit to lace the boots of the like of David Silva, KDB Ferna etc when in their prime...and never will be

Like someone else said its a big step down from these to whatwe have had in terms of level.

Other clubs are finding players like Brighton have yet we seem to have switched tact a little and are going for the media driven hypes of Grealish and Bellingham (maybe the hype about him will be real I just cant decide on him)....
If we sign 2 mids who would you go for?

I said on another thread De Jong and Bellingham.

Feels quite deflatin after cancello news,thought we might of brought sumone in before window closed,oh well lets see how it goes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.