It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

When I read that us complaining about Phillips are necessarily advocating for world class established players that cost three times as much, it’s a bit infuriating. If anything, it is Phillips that costs way more than he should. I have been beating the drum on this kid with unbelievable potential here in Brazil, just called to our national team, and he’d cost much less.
If the kid you talking about is Danilo, then that's a good shout. We need those drums to be heard by the city scout department!

Last edited:
He is,but he isnt to Rodri.
Yeah i totally agree. That's why id much rather us be in for a young talented DM that pep can mold into a player he wants rather than paying way over the top English premium on a player that will never be good enough for starting 11.

Frenkie de Jong getting downgraded to Kalvin Phillips is the most disappointing second choice since we went for Alexis Sanchez and got Scott Sinclair.

From Fernandinho to Kalvin Phillips, christ.
He isn't though If we'd gone for De Jong then it would have been to replace Gundogan. we'd still have gone for a Fernadinho replacement. My opinion is Gundogan stays and next season we try for Bellingham. So the De Jong 'downgrade ' is Bellingham not Phillips or any other Fernadinho replacement we choose.

Yeah i totally agree. That's why id much rather us be in for a young talented DM that pep can mold into a player he wants rather than paying way over the top English premium on a player that will never be good enough for starting 11.
We have one called Lavia.

Philips isn't intended for our best starting 11.He is plenty capable enough for other situations.

We have one called Lavia.

Philips isn't intended for our best starting 11.He is plenty capable enough for other situations.
Hell of a lot of money for a player who is only a bit part and we will never get any value back from. 3/4 years playing back up at City ruins his career and we are left with a 30 something player with no value. Not for me.

So you think Javi Garcia or Jack Rodwell would’ve been good enough to have 20 England caps? In a very decent England side too
Rodwell had a lot of potential but his career was hampered by injuries. Garcia was pretty much Rodri minus the ability.

He's 26, 27 this year and would cost a hell of a lot of money. For someone who is going to play second fiddle to Rodri (as thats all he will be), its a very expensive back up and a player we will get no value out of long term. Invest that money in a younger DM with potential to develop and challenge Rodri in a few years whilst offering a good option as backup now.

£25m release clause if they go down?

Thats not my point.

We dont need a Rice when we have a Rodri.We need a Philips though,as bit part Dinho is leaving.
Yeh I don't really get Gus' (or anyone) crusade to sign rice or a world class 6 . We just don't have the space for 2 world class 6s. Are both rodri/rice going to split their games equally and anyone here legit think they'll be satisfied... We only had 2 world class 6s with ferna and rodri last year becauase it was the transition phase of the role. No player of rodri or rices quality will accept being on the sideline for 20-30+ games. The whole reason why we wanted a Pogba or De jong us because they can do all 3 midfield roles to a certain extent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.