It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We use that formation in about 5 games a season, against the scousers, Chelsea and good European sides. It’s also only when in possession to aid the build up against sides that commit more players to their attacking press.

We defend in more of a 442 formation.
Basically this. No need to keep this discussion up.

Wrong thread bud, but Pep should not be guaranteeing him anything.
Bang on, had more chances on the pitch & in the box than anyone

Hes had 2 brilliant seasons where he was outstanding the others I would say 6 out of 10

Yesterdays cameo was his best for a few months

Hes been offered good money for at least 18 months so sitting down with Pep & a guarantee aint happening imo

Just leave him another 12 months it's what he wants, use him as Pep feels fit then kiss goodbye & wish him well

remember pep tried to sign Laporte in his first season but he rejected us, then apparently we "forgave" him and went for him the next season. So for ppl saying pep wont go back in for him who knows...

Can’t see Sane back at City, rarely started big games under Pep, never truly trusted it seemed and he’s regressed sadly.

That was one of the 5 times they’ve played together. Only one played as a 6 at a time.

I believe both of them were holding. If you look at 1:45 both Rodri and Dinho are clearly in holding positions while we attack in the opposition half. This was pretty much the set up the whole game. The fullbacks create the width with 3 forwards in the middle.

I agree we wouldn't do it all the time, but more against sides who only intend to counter with long balls over the top instead of playing through the middle. This was the idea when we had a certain French LB and we had Gundo and Rodri in a double pivot, but that was the year we couldn't handle counter attacks and many calling both shite because of it.

Can’t see Sane back at City, rarely started big games under Pep, never truly trusted it seemed and he’s regressed sadly.
he definitely had a contract offer, think he went through agent changes during that period and his mom took over negotiations and wanted his son to go back to germany - this is why i hate when players use family as agents

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.