It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Just the signing of Cucurella ALONE unlocks a whole new world of formations and tactics for Pep, which should be another reason for him to be fired up for next season with one signing alone.

I think so. He's different to Zinchenko and if we sign him I think he'd offer more down the left hand side.

I think so. He's different to Zinchenko and if we sign him I think he'd offer more down the left hand side.
Lots of options for the mad scientist to play with. Stick Phillips in for a 4231 and let Cucurella/Cancelo provide the width all day and kev in a free role right up against the Viking.

All available with quality all over and no one shoehorned in.

I reckon he sees systems much the same as the squad - that they have to be freshened up every so often. If we sign Phillips, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him alongside Rodri quite often, with full backs playing more forward, allowing the likes of Grealish to tuck inside more, and with our get-out-of-jail free card up front. 4-2-3-1. Like you say though, probably very flexible.

Spot on. I think it's going to be in incredibly exciting season, regardless of what the excitement police on here think.

FWIW I've heard that Edu has him totally convinced and he's told City/his agents that he wants to move to Arsenal. Be interesting to see what figure they land at.
I suppose that with Edu having worked with the Brazilian National Team, he will be very close to Tite, the national team coach and it must, shall we say, enhance his selection chances.

I don’t want to totally disrespect Arsenal and what Arteta is trying to achieve, but it does feel a little bit like he’s joining Arsenal not so much to play for Arsenal, but to play for Brazil.

Last edited:
To me the Felix links is there if we lose all 3 of Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus. It's city just preparing a "just in case" scenario. Which is what you should expect the club to do when the 3 are on 1 year left

Jesus definitely looks like he is gone. But the other 2 I don't think will go anywhere and therein dies our interest in Felix. But if for some reason Mahrez wants to go PSG and sterling says I'll go Chelsea or something then yeh Felix is back on the table

Do you reckon we go to 3-5-2? Pep experimented with that in 17/18 until a certain LB got an ACL injury. We looked dangerous with 2 strikers
I can't see 352, though I have wondered about 4132, with the 3 from KDB Foden Grealish, Bernardo,the 2 from Haaland Alvarez Sterling and overlapping full backs.

To me the Felix links is there if we lose all 3 of Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus. It's city just preparing a "just in case" scenario. Which is what you should expect the club to do when the 3 are on 1 year left

Jesus definitely looks like he is gone. But the other 2 I don't think will go anywhere and therein dies our interest in Felix. But if for some reason Mahrez wants to go PSG and sterling says I'll go Chelsea or something then yeh Felix is back on the table
Two out of three of those leaving means City goes for another attacker. All three leaving warrants 2 attacking signings.

I can't see 352, though I have wondered about 4132, with the 3 from KDB Foden Grealish, Bernardo,the 2 from Haaland Alvarez Sterling and overlapping full backs.
3-5-2 is bang on a formation Pep would use if he got a left footed leftback that overlaps and can play LWB like Cucurella can, with Alvarez and Haaland up top. Not perhaps this season, but when theyve both settled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.