It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Squad numbers is why we would replace Jesus, you've got the EFL Cup, Fa Cup, Champions league, Premier league. Also the world Cup to contend with next season . Pep respects the cups so he's not going to throw in youth.

Alvarez replaces Torres
Haaland replaces Aguero
Jesus needs a replacement if he leaves. So the squad isn't thin in the run in.
Palmer will play some games, we have extra wide players as they won't be playing central. I'd put money on us not bringing in another forward if only Jesus leaves. If Sterling leaves too then maybe.

Haaland
Álvarez
Foden
Grealish
Palmer
Mahrez
Sterling
That's more than enough for 3 positions, even if Grealish or Foden play more midfield games.

Palmer will play some games, we have extra wide players as they won't be playing central. I'd put money on us not bringing in another forward if only Jesus leaves. If Sterling leaves too then maybe.

Haaland
Álvarez
Foden
Grealish
Palmer
Mahrez
Sterling
That's more than enough for 3 positions, even if Grealish or Foden play more midfield games.

I think one of the major reasons the club let Torres go was because of how much Pep rates Palmer. He was desperately unlucky to pick up the injury that he did. He wasn't called up to the England under 21's yesterday - I wonder whether that means they've decided with Cugat to operate to get him ready for next season.

I think one of the major reasons the club let Torres go was because of how much Pep rates Palmer. He was desperately unlucky to pick up the injury that he did. He wasn't called up to the England under 21's yesterday - I wonder whether that means they've decided with Cugat to operate to get him ready for next season.
Hence i think Jesus replacement IS Palmer for that 3rd winger option this season. But i do think city would sign a winger if Jesus AND Sterling/Mahrez goes.

Hence i think Jesus replacement IS Palmer for that 3rd winger option this season. But i do think city would sign a winger if Jesus AND Sterling/Mahrez goes.

I suspect they'd wait a year unless something easy presented itself. Gnabry is the most obvious one right now if you're looking to replace the characteristics of Sterling or Mahrez.

Wonder what chance these two could replace the likes of Sterling and Mahres in the next 12 months these two are seriously good players fast and skilful.

Samuel Edozie

Carlos Borges

Wonder what chance these two could replace the likes of Sterling and Mahres in the next 12 months these two are seriously good players fast and skilful.

Samuel Edozie

Carlos Borges
Like them a lot. Huge prospects, but they still have a lot of ground to cover... Don't see them anywhere near the first team for a couple of seasons more.

At this point I don't think we'll sign another attacker should we lose both Gabby and Raz.

Haaland - belated replacement for Serg.
Alvarez - replacement for Gabby.
Palmer - Chomping at the bit and more than ready.

Our forward options from next season could be Haaland, Alvarez, Mahrez, Palmer, not forgetting we'll have Phil and Jack to drop in and out of the front three.
Whilst very good, and excluding haaland it feels one paced. If we lost gabby and raz, i do think we need some new wheels on the wing

Samuel Edozie

Carlos Borges
Edozie will get a shot he's been with the first team in the 'academy' trainees awhile now. Borges has yet to step up full time to the EDS yet (still U18, so playing for both) so he'll be used there mostly this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.