It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It's something that stuck with me after Khaldoon's end of season interview last year that we'll be 'cleverer' in the market in terms of financially which I can only assume means some form of swap deals.

If Sterling does want to go, he has apparently (I know, apparently) always wanted to play for Real (or maybe just in Spain?) so surely there's something to be done there.

Atletico - Felix
Barca - De Jong
Real - rip the bastards off

Bottom line Sterling is in full control of his Career and my feeling always is he will go on a free at end of his contract! unless pep tells him he won’t be getting more starts than this season.
Also depends who might be tapping him up, if for example Madrid or Barca want him this summer and are making it known, then he might not want to let that ship sail and risk it not being there next summer.

I don't think either will go, I think Khaldoon said 2 more signings because he's assuming Sterling and Mahrez stay and we only need 2 more. My guess is Sterling extends and we are happy for Mahrez to either extend or see out his contract.
Possibly but things change. Lot of smoke around Sterling leaving. We shall see..

We have 4 home grown slots filled, 14 other players so adding Haaland, Alvarez, Cucurella and Philips means we have 1 too many. It looks as though Jesus is off so without any other changes that would be us sorted for next season.

If on the other hand Sterling or Zinchenko leaves then it’s a different matter. Both could be replaced without any issues on. squad numbers.
Last time I looked, Philips played for England so only the 17 foreign players count. 5 English with Philips who plays for England (Stones, Walker, Foden, Stirling, Philips) so we are OK unless Stirling leaves - we can't replace him with a foreign player.

Last edited:
Last time I looked, Philips played for England so only the 17 forreign players count. 5 English with Philips who plays for England (Stones, Walker, Foden, Stirling, Philips) so we are OK unless Stirling leaves - we can't replace him with a forreign player.
You can only name 4 in the champions league before they count a NON-HG and you missed Carson & Grealish

Last time I looked, Philips played for England so only the 17 forreign players count. 5 English with Philips who plays for England (Stones, Walker, Foden, Stirling, Philips) so we are OK unless Stirling leaves - we can't replace him with a forreign player.
Spelling police will be along shortly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.