It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Depends on what Madrid do id say. Sterling has said he wants to play in Spain. Madrid are furious with what Mbappe's done, they've been showing interest in wide players all last week and this week. They asked about Leao didn't want to pay his asking price. They asked about Felix didn't want to pay his price.

Perez has promised a marquee signing in attack and they have the money to play with. Sterling won't cost them that much and he would be a marquee signing.

I think Sterling to Madrid is highly unlikely, and I also think that it is highly unlikely that they will focus on Sterling this summer. They have Rodrigo who has been excellent from the right hand side, Hazard is apparently finally getting fit again, and Ancelotti as we saw likes playing Valverde from the right hand side too.

Sterling is an incredibly expensive deal to do when you factor in wages and transfer fee. And you'd be doing it with almost no resale value later on. I'm fairly comfortable that Madrid aren't the big option people think they are for him. Although I do agree that that's the one club that could potentially turn his head if they pushed hard.

Bottom line Sterling is in full control of his Career and my feeling always is he will go on a free at end of his contract! unless pep tells him he won’t be getting more starts than this season.
That's how I would also interpret it. If he doesn't sign a new contract, he'll sit it out, and I'm not sure anyone abroad would stump up the money for him this summer when they know they can secure his signature in the winter for substantially less. It's not as if he's going to be the kind of signing that dramatically changes their fortunes either, so better to wait. That situation might be different for a couple of English clubs, of course.

City aren't pushing him to do anything. They respect him enough and his contributions to the club that they have a contract offer for him (Pep wants to keep him) and they'll discuss it after the Nations League games. Sterling's preference is also to stay at City. The conversations/decisions aren't framed around money for either side on this one.

I hope we keep Sterling, he can be frustrating at times, but he’s an intelligent footballer, he constantly makes clever runs, he can beat a man, he gives us pace up front and he’s rarely injured. I’d say he’s a nightmare to defend against.

Out of Jesus, Mahrez and himself, he’s the one I hope we keep. He will be incredibly difficult to replace and I could see City going with what we have until the right replacement is available. Which has worked out in terms of personnel (Dias replaced Kompany, Grealish replaced Silva, Haaland replaces Aguero) but has meant that we often find ourselves a little short at times, the reason Liverpool won the league especially.

If you are Sterling, why move this summer?

Southgate has said his England spot is absolutely safe (thanks to his Euro 2020), you have more choice over where you move as a free agent, get more money and get one more chance to win the CL with Pep + Haaland and probably a couple extra trophies and climb up the records more at City.

If he has a world cup like his Euro's he will have more money thrown at him than he knows what to do with.

And that would be absolutely fine, he has earned that right to see out his contract, if he decides it or there are no clubs with suitable offers for him or City.

I think Sterling to Madrid is highly unlikely, and I also think that it is highly unlikely that they will focus on Sterling this summer. They have Rodrigo who has been excellent from the right hand side, Hazard is apparently finally getting fit again, and Ancelotti as we saw likes playing Valverde from the right hand side too.

Sterling is an incredibly expensive deal to do when you factor in wages and transfer fee. And you'd be doing it with almost no resale value later on. I'm fairly comfortable that Madrid aren't the big option people think they are for him. Although I do agree that that's the one club that could potentially turn his head if they pushed hard.

Makes sense. A fit Hazard might produce the goods again under Don Carlo.

Whether he signs a new deal or not, got to be worth Raz staying next season. He demonstrated in our last game why Haaland's arrival could do wonders for him.

Raz currently lives in a great location and his children have presumably never known anywhere else so I reckon he would need a very good reason to move.

Honestly just feel it's better to renew Sterling

We don't want to lose him for free as he's genuinely very very very good and a big player for us (still)

And I just can't see anyone paying what we want this summer because of his wages, its such an expensive deal

So if we can get him to renew his current terms, which for the record I don't think he is worth, so we keep a very good player into his prime years and let him go at some point

Gabby is going on Mahrez is older so if we can get rid of those two and keep Sterling I'd be ok with that

But yea I don't think it's good if he goes on a free

City aren't pushing him to do anything. They respect him enough and his contributions to the club that they have a contract offer for him (Pep wants to keep him) and they'll discuss it after the Nations League games. Sterling's preference is also to stay at City. The conversations/decisions aren't framed around money for either side on this one.

Ahh thanks for the info

Honestly just feel it's better to renew Sterling

We don't want to lose him for free as he's genuinely very very very good and a big player for us (still)

And I just can't see anyone paying what we want this summer because of his wages, its such an expensive deal

So if we can get him to renew his current terms, which for the record I don't think he is worth, so we keep a very good player into his prime years and let him go at some point

Gabby is going on Mahrez is older so if we can get rid of those two and keep Sterling I'd be ok with that

But yea I don't think it's good if he goes on a free
I don't think it's a case of City not wanting to renew him, he just fancies something else.

There is no chance he's going to renew for the same terms, why would he. Wait 12mths and someone will drop 20/30m in your account and give you a big contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.