It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

ffs our policy has always been "if X player wants to leave they are welcome". stop pissing your pants, that doesn't mean everyone is leaving.
This obviously. The knee jerk reaction to everything is hilarious. Same thing happened last year. Bernardo laporte ake all “unhappy with amt of playing time”. All stayed. Would be shocked if ake and zinchenko go. Jesus Fernandinho and frankly hopefully sterling.

He wasn't excluded, he was injured. Twisted his ankle badly vs. Leeds and wasn't fit enough to play but made himself available for selection on the bench anyway.

The elephant in the room with Aké is Newcastle and Howe. They want a left footed CB, he's got a good relationship with Howe, he'd be available for about £50m so they can afford him and he's young enough to build a team around.
This would be a dream scenario.

Got a feeling this could be a crazy window, the first in a while. Several outgoings, some surprises as well I think, plus a few coming in. Hope it's a good one
I don’t think so , and for continuity I think the club would do all it could to avoid several changes in players.

Cancelo and Walker want to start every week, which means we have three poss left backs, of which, Cucurella ain't joining to play back up left back.

Hence, asking if Cucurella is able to play in other positions to placate him.
Cancelo is one of those players whose levels drop when they think their place in the side is a sure thing - and constantly switching sides doesn't help either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pep wants to sign Cucurella for the purpose of keeping Cancelo exclusively on the right.

He just signed a new deal, so I imagine he's low on the list of players to worry about keeping happy. I also imagine he's one of the easiest players to sell on if necessary.

transfer window hasnt even opened and im already wanting it to close

Cucurella will be our starting first choice left back, if we sign him.

The real move here is to cash in on Cancelo, get Cucurella as the starting classic LB and Zinchenko as the inside, control the game left back, but we won't do it.

Instead we'll probably sell him for peanuts in a year or 18 months after he's become an "unhappy face" at training because Cucurella and Walker have nailed down the positions, then Zinchenko will be at Arsenal and we'll have to find someone else.

Don't even know how you interpreted such, mate!

Genuine question, keeping Zin, having Cancelo, potentially buying Cucurella...

There needs to enough playing time to go around to keep everyone happy, even losing Mendy.

We know Zin can play higher up and Cucurella strikes me as someone who can get about the midfield?
Was trying to decipher between your genuine questions as a fan and the hints you drop! Good to hear I was strong though :-)

Assuming no injuries, I'd expect Cucurella to be 1st choice with Zin as back up and Walker and Cancelo to fight it out over right back. A successful season is 60 games and next season the World Cup will create new problems for all teams. Add in injuries and suspensions.and there's likely to be enough game time for all. Having only 3 real options could have cost us the league at the end and probably did against Madrid. It also feels like an area where we haven't got a kid about to break through.

There's no guarantee that Cucurella gets it initially either - took Cancelo a season, although that included getting used to English football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.