It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Also known as

Laporte played the last 2 games through the pain with a knee injury because his back up (Ake) was injured & you want to sell him. It doesn't make sense to as well as him seemingly happy to rotate.

The last 2 seasons we've competed upto the semi finals & played 60 games with a smallish squad, so making it smaller would make it even harder to compete in all 4.
You must have missed the (if he wants to go). Given he has played just 24 PL games across 2 seasons since arriving here, it’s not unthinkable that he might fancy a change. If he wants to go and someone wants to give us our money back, I imagine we would look to do a deal, as we don’t hold players who don’t want to be here.

I think if we could get our money back on Ake the club would be happy to let him go.

Decent player, very decent guy but sadly has been a sick note since he arrived and we can't be carrying players.
Who could they even aim for if replacing him? It's a hard one... Not many are out there accepting a 4th slot role

Alvarez is mainly a striker, and has only played as a striker as of late. i doubt Pep will rotate Mahrez with Palmer and Alvarez next season when Alvarez will rotate with Haaland mostly. Either of those lads are routined enough either. Sterling and Jesus are senior figures. One major signing is needed there.
Alvarez can play anywhere across the front 3. If Jesus goes and we get Felix he can also play anywhere across the front 3. I think are attack/set up would be more interchangeable than what we have now with better ball control/first touch

you all seemed to forget very quickly how if the media was correct, 70% of our team had left last summer

Who could they even aim for if replacing him? It's a hard one... Not many are out there accepting a 4th slot role
The amount of games we play and the injuries Stones/Ake gets, an incoming player has a very good chance of playing a lot of minutes, and if they come in and perform, I don't think Pep would hesitate in leaving the others out.

Alvarez can play anywhere across the front 3. If Jesus goes and we get Felix he can also play anywhere across the front 3. I think are attack/set up would be more interchangeable than what we have now with better ball control/first touch
He CAN but he's mainly a CF and has been for a while for Plate.

The point is that Palmer being Sterlings replacement is stupid and naive.

I assume you have given no thought to this post.

I was making a sarcastic point, when Torres left it was because Palmer was stepping up. In the latest Hirst article he says Palmer will play more if Jesus and Sterling leave. I’m aware our club aren’t run by fools and Alvarez is in that equation. I’ve always though Palmer was Mahrez’s long term replacement.

Alvarez, replaced Torres. Felix would replace Jesus. Palmer replaces Mahrez and Leao replaces Sterling. I actually think that makes us stronger (I know I’ll get abuse for saying so lol)
For a start we don’t have enough squad places to replace all 3, so I expect Torres game time to go to Palmer. So that leaves us with a squad of 22 we need one out probably Jesus for him there won’t be a replacement other than Alvarez to get us back to 21.
If Sterling goes then we have room for another body, could be anyone, I think at the moment the club want Sterling to stay.

For a start we don’t have enough squad places to replace all 3, so I expect Torres game time to go to Palmer. So that leaves us with a squad of 22 we need one out probably Jesus for him there won’t be a replacement other than Alvarez to get us back to 21.
If Sterling goes then we have room for another body, could be anyone, I think at the moment the club want Sterling to stay.
Hopefully, IF sterling goes, the club isn't naive and doesn't replace him.

You must have missed the (if he wants to go). Given he has played just 24 PL games across 2 seasons since arriving here, it’s not unthinkable that he might fancy a change. If he wants to go and someone wants to give us our money back, I imagine we would look to do a deal, as we don’t hold players who don’t want to be here.
A massive IF then, his lack of game time has been down to injuries as well as rotation. Like I say it doesn't make sense to say he can leave to then have to find a replacement who's happy to rotate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.