It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think he’s sick of the number of missed goals with all the chances we have.. just saying
Haaland and Alvarez. With Jesus out. I think that will be enough. He’ll be reluctant to lose anyone else, or need to replace anyone else.

But we have Alvarez
Alvarez is mainly a striker, and has only played as a striker as of late. i doubt Pep will rotate Mahrez with Palmer and Alvarez next season when Alvarez will rotate with Haaland mostly. Either of those lads are routined enough either. Sterling and Jesus are senior figures. One major signing is needed there.

Fans won’t like it, but this is the 1st summer in a long time (ever?) that we have the opportunity to make some serious money by selling fringe players, and/or those coming into the last year of their contracts.

Sterling, Mahrez, Ake, and unfortunately Jesus and Zinchenko makes us a minimum of £200m and probably the best part of £750k pw saved on wages.

We would be crazy to let Sterling and/or Mahrez leave on a free in 12 months time. That’s £100m in transfer fees and approx £25m in wages on those two alone...I don’t care how good they are, they are not worth sacrificing £2.5m pw for. In the FFP era, you just do not let that happen. Of the two, Mahrez has to be the one that club make every effort to sell because of his age. Sterling must sign a new deal or again, the club should be pushing for a sale.

Ake was much improved last season but if we can get our money back, we would be silly not to. We might even be able to make a profit if the likes of Newcastle are interested.

I would like Jesus to sign a new deal and for Zin to stay, but if they want away, they are likely very easy to shift and probably bring in £80m+.

These deals potentially give us a lot of wiggle room when it comes to bringing players in. That wiggle room disappears if we just allow players to leave on a free in 12 months.
I agree to this logic

I don't get the concern:

Left - Foden and Grealish (Edozie back up)
Centre - Alvarez and Haaland (Delap back up)
Right - Mahrez, Palmer (Oscar Bobb, Kayky)
Centre - Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan, Rodri (McAtee, Lavia)

When we supplement with an additional player, we are more than fine.
And, it assumes that both Jesus and Raz leave, which is yet to be confirmed.
Nearly all of those players can also play in several positions too.

Haaland and Alvarez. With Jesus out. I think that will be enough. He’ll be reluctant to lose anyone else, or need to replace anyone else.
Alvarez, replaced Torres. Felix would replace Jesus. Palmer replaces Mahrez and Leao replaces Sterling. I actually think that makes us stronger (I know I’ll get abuse for saying so lol)

Palmer must be finest young player we’ve ever produced as he’s replacing Ferran Torres, Sterling and Jesus.
By logic of some... Alvarez replaces Jesus. Haaland replaces Ferran and Palmer sterling (This is basically in squad places not right of replacement)

Alvarez, replaced Torres. Felix would replace Jesus. Palmer replaces Mahrez and Leao replaces Sterling. I actually think that makes us stronger (I know I’ll get abuse for saying so lol)
Reality: Alvarez - Jesus, Haaland - Ferran, Palmer - Sterling. No one else joins.

The original point was if Ake wants to leave, City gotta replace him with a top level defender like Ake as he'd get these moments when 1-3 cbs are out with something. Ake was really important this season.
I think if we could get our money back on Ake the club would be happy to let him go.

Decent player, very decent guy but sadly has been a sick note since he arrived and we can't be carrying players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.