It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Mate, with the chat a few days ago that Haaland is signing a 5 year deal, but will extend it in 12 months, and Pep saying he will not renew until the end of next season, do you think the two are linked?

It seems strange we wouldn’t just sign Haaland on a 6 year from the off, why the 5 now with an extension signed next year?

All I can think is, they may have insisted on a release clause in the unlikely event Pep doesn’t extend (possibly dependent on the PL FFP case against us)

So the way I’m reading it, is it’s pretty likely in 12 months time that Pep will extend, Haaland will renew on a 5 / 6 year deal with no release clause.

But there’s a possibility Haaland has a huge release clause in this contract, that can only be triggered in year 3, but it’s only in there to hedge his bets in case everything goes completely tits up in the next 12 months?

Lot of ifs and buts there mate. Let's wait and see if it really is five years when the deal is formally announced.

Re Pep, lots could be read in to his thought processes, perhaps he thinks he should reserve the right to knock it on the head if he fails to win the Champions League next season, perhaps Enrique will be on the market following the World Cup, he's part of a succession plan.

I'm told there is no panic on Pep, although we can't allow the speculation to percolate too much through next season.

I'm not sure Gundo is going anywhere, certainly this summer. Perhaps a new deal won't be forthcoming, but he will likely see out his final year and leave next year for free.

Same goes for Mahrez.

No offers for Bernie, who is happy.

Sterling unlikely to leave this summer.

Jesus expected to be our most notable sale.

Most of the gang staying together and City comfortable with that.

Please ignore the buyout clause re Haaland, much like his wages, it is pure speculation and only being whipped up in Spain and Germany to smear the fact he has chosen City.

Haaland will be here at least four years and we won't have to worry about Pep either.

Plenty still to look forward to in this upcoming window including the announcement of the deals for Phil and Rodri.

Then 2 new midfielders is not needed and we can give Palmer another year to bed in before we throw him in the deep end 2023.

Any name on the 100 m that would melt the internet?

Still need someone who can play the six this summer. Not really bothered with them being world class or not as they should be there to cover Rodri.

Reactions: CC1
I'm not sure Gundo is going anywhere, certainly this summer. Perhaps a new deal won't be forthcoming, but he will likely see out his final year and leave next year for free.

Same goes for Mahrez.

No offers for Bernie, who is happy.

Sterling unlikely to leave this summer.

Jesus expected to be our most notable sale.

Most of the gang staying together and City comfortable with that.

Please ignore the buyout clause re Haaland, much like his wages, it is pure speculation and only being whipped up in Spain and Germany to smear the fact he has chosen City.

Haaland will be here at least four years and we won't have to worry about Pep either.

Plenty still to look forward to in this upcoming window including the announcement of the deals for Phil and Rodri.

a DM still likely though hopefully?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.