It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I want people to picture some of these names without Pep as the manager and tell me if they’re still exciting and improvements hehehe
I think people have england goggles on looking at Phillips. If he was spanish people would be saying he's the next javi garcia

The comparisons with Liverpool's recruitment are strange, to me. Firstly, other than (potentially) this season, we have had far more success. Secondly, our style of play is entirely different, so the players that suit them are not necessarily the players that suit us. For example, our midfield of Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Gundo is far superior to their's because their brand of football relies significantly less on midfield possession and much more quick transition to the final third. They have had some great buys that have really worked out, in their system, but you cannot look at recruitment based on one or two players that have been very successful.

Tbf Konate looks a class act, him alongside VVD and Matip are top quality CB options

Also that back up left back looks handy, not Robertsons level but v. Good

Their midifeld is weak though...which is why them getting Tchouameni and/or Bellingham is terrible

Just to add: VVD and Matip are in their 30’s. As is the new best midfielder in the world Thiago.

Ask yourself the following
1 why are Barca not arsed about him leaving?
Because he doesn’t perform in the big games - he is a nice neat player but overrated
2 - what big clubs are desperate to sign him?
United?? They are Shite
3 - why is the fee being muted less than Barca paid for him? because he hasn’t progressed
1- Xavi doesn’t want him gone
2- United want him because of the manager. PSG and Bayern also linked
3- The last numbers I saw were definitely higher than what they paid for him. Either way, different market

Ben White is English.
It doesn’t matter to Tony bloom they are asking for 60 mil for their Spanish gk Sanchez. He will not pick up the phone unless we put in a substantial offer. He has always been the same he doesn’t need the money.

I know Pep likes to manage a smaller squad, but with the five sub rule next season it’s imperative we get a stronger bench, as sometimes this season it’s been very weak, especially as the dippers looks very strong and will probably get stronger in the summer.
Definitely. But in all honesty, I don't care the hype about Cucurella or Philips, they are not gonna make our bench strong, instead the just gonna water it down!

People saying Phillips doesn’t improve the squad are insane ..

He’s a massive upgrade on dinho who is understudy to Rodri in the 6 position ..

the current dinho.

We ain’t replacing prime dinho, he was a freak in the senses he had a engine, could tackle and ping a decent pass. People need to let the replacing him phrase as a actually starting player go.

he’s barely played in last 18 months.
Rodri has already took his place.

the 6 position and who we get is a tricky one because ,
Now a days you’re either a destroyer who tackles charges about and gives the ball in a simple pass to the creative players , or your a rodri, FDJ, Thiago type of 6. The perfect mix doesn’t exist.

We have a rodri, who gets ran into the ground playing 50 odd games a season, so having a option of a Phillips to bring on when games are won or to start now and again and in cup competitions is a very good option .

can’t all be 60-80 million pound exciting signings ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.