It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think that would only have happened if they went down, too expensive otherwise imo
I disagree, I think it's likely he will want to leave this summer and his price will still be cheaper than other options I.e. tcouchameni and Rice

Personally I think if we lose gabby and either sterling or mahrez then we go for one of either Leao or Nkunku to effectively replace both (in addition to alvarez). They've both had great seasons and offer some real direct threat with their pace and skill. Plus great ages.

You see what you want to see. You’ve been desperate to see bin gone for 5 years and now go looking for things to confirm it.

He was the first player to get to Gundogan to celebrate the winning goal with him.
He changed the game deserves more respect
Others should go before Raheem who is entering his prime years

It's unreal. Other players in the squad get more rope and the caveats gets rolled out but sterling gets none of that.

On the muted reaction to getting his medal, if he were nailed on to be leaving wouldn't you think he'd be more emotional? He's been here a while now and our fanbase, at least in the grounds, has shown him support over the years even when the media were piling on after euro 2016. He's won more than he will ever win elsewhere.

I'm not saying he won't leave, in fact I think we should expect a significant departure or two this summer, but the desperation for him to leave is just bizzare.

For footballing reasons I would love him to stay. But I'm so tired of defending him to our own fans who aren't going to take their blinders off that I'd be a bit relieved if he moved on.
He did look a bit sullen picking up his medal (but so did Ederson ) .
Sterling looked ok & up for it with the team during the celebrations in the dressing room .

Said it before and I'll say it again.

This fanbase does not deserve Raheem Sterling.

Pulled us out of the fire again by creating the first goal out of nothing.

And all he gets is shit for not celebrating enough. It's not even true.

Oh and he didn't go mental when he scored to make it 5-0 against Wolves, when he was pissed with himself for missing a sitter earlier on. Shoot the bastard.

How many times does he have to prove himself?

He's our best winger. When he plays on that right hand side we look 10x better.

Pep should sit down with him and promise him that right wing spot. Get him to sign that new deal. But for some reason he prefers Mahrez.

I don't get it, and I never will.

I agree that we've not been treating Sterling fairly and I hope he signs a new contract with us. But there's certainly no need to put Mahrez down. Mahrez is our season's top goal scorer and by that fact alone, Pep have made the right choice. Would Sterling have faired better had he been given a chance? Probably. But, the reality is that Mahrez contributed immensely in retaining the title and we should be grateful.

With that said, I'd rather that we keep Sterling. He's younger, helps with our English quota, and I feel like he's due for a proper run of form next season. His pace and Haaland's will terrorize the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.