It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

not buying that we'd have ederson, steffen and ortega, and Carson in the squad next season.

I know Carson's really just there for morale and jokes, but cant see us having the other 3. Surely Steffen has to depart in some form?

All this talk about GusBrazilian, I genuinely hope the chap wasn't receiving abusive messages. I didn't mind his posts didn't pass much remark of them truth being told. Had a few replies back and forth talking about transfers ect...I always got the impression that he didn't like it when I had a different opinion than what he did, He would always get fairly aggressive about it which is why I stopped passing any remarks about his posts.
I've read on here earlier that supposedly "People here the longest on the forum liked having a go at him" ect What I do know sometimes he deserved it with the way he talked to people. Treat people how you like to be treated! He certainly didn't.
I remember the early days here in bluemoon I was so excited and young i wrote so many things mostly nonsense to pass that 100 posts and start a topic. Got some abuses but never mind.
It took me years to reach 200 post eventhough i used to come here almost every day.
Those were the days.
Gusbrazilian must be some young fella.

not buying that we'd have ederson, steffen and ortega, and Carson in the squad next season.

I know Carson's really just there for morale and jokes, but cant see us having the other 3. Surely Steffen has to depart in some form?
I love the thought of Carson being there as a sort of warm-up act 'for morale and jokes' before the players run out. Presumably, he's cheaper than Jason Manford.

I remember the early days here in bluemoon I was so excited and young i wrote so many things mostly nonsense to pass that 100 posts and start a topic. Got some abuses but never mind.
It took me years to reach 200 post eventhough i used to come here almost every day.
Those were the days.
Gusbrazilian must be some young fella.
I think I predate the 100 post thing & I'm only 27! I was on here under a different account just before (I swear lol) the takeover, I posted something I read in some article about the owner maybe pulling out in the future & plunging us back into the end of thaksin days where we may have gone bump & got banned! 13 year old me was gutted! Haha

Started this account and behaved myself ever since (1 warning for a heat of the moment comment in a derby match thread I think lol)

I've been on here since 2008 and still struggle to appreciate how it works ;)

I just think some people saw his authoritative style of posting, with so little time served, as condescending.

There are nuances of the English language that even many Americans struggle to twig, like irony and sarcasm?

He bit back perhaps because he felt he was being singled-out, but I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Some maybe didn't like a foreign fan with forthright opinions, others because they could see he would bite.

I mean, if we are talking abrasive, Gus was nothing in comparison to my bro Zin and @SWP's back ;)
I'm with you Tolmie, the voice of reason as ever. I was actually quite a fan given that his posts were invariably articulate and generally well-argued. You don't necessarily have to agree with a post (and often I didn't) to have respect for the poster. I wish more on this forum would understand that without feeling the need to resort to childish abuse. 'Save the Brazil One' campaign starts here.

Last edited:
It’s these multiple personalities that worry me, ‘we’ve got two steffens you know - their in GOAL’

We were pretty good when with two Silvas.

When Arsenal sign Jesus, they will have three Gabriels!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.