It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Literally every single time I watched palmer I thought "This boy is going to be elite", I cannot say the same about Saka. Saka is a great talent, But I rate palmer, nothing against saka. I think the comparison is silly, since they've grown up in different systems and as a result allotted different amounts of playtime.

I saw palmer against PL opposition inside a team of superstars and he was nearly always the best player on the pitch. I wanna see more from him to further judge, but for now I do think he's one of the biggest english talents out there.

Can you explain based on this:

1. His lack of appearances for City
2. Why Gordon is ahead of him at international level

In fact Gordon is a good example. He and Palmer are around the same level, with the obvious caveat that people develop differently to be acknowledged.

Do you think if Gordon was in our youth system then you'd believe the same about him?

So 100 appearances and 20 England caps Saka is currently better than Palmer who has 1 professional start in his career outside the Carabao. And that's controversial to you is it?

Was it the grand total of 45 minutes he's played in the CL across 5 games, all of which we had a commanding lead, that convinced you?

What exactly are you judging this from?
im certainly not one for blowing smoke up the arse of our young players but i think your are not giving cole the credit his performances have deserved. technically he is superb ,physically needs to strengthen. has a great awareness of other players around him, needs to up his work rate of the ball but in my eyes he is the closest ive seen us produce to another foden . has plenty of improvement in him and a big year to come barring injuries. lastly his last appearence v swindon fa cup ,amongst several first team regulars he was undoubtedly our best player

Palmer looks like won't be good enough to play for us in future, which is no insult to him. Saying he's not going to be one of the top 5 in his position in world football isn't an insult. Or he might become great after a couple hundred Prem games or so and develop late. But he's not currently good enough to slot into our team and the fact that some of you are using Palmer who has played maybe 1 proper senior competitive game in his pro career against Everton and was out of position, to someone like Saka who has 20 England caps, 100 PL games and was playing in a Euros recently is absolutely bonkers. Playing against Burnley/coming on while 3-0 up is not experience you can judge off and even if it was, he's played about 4 or 5 times doing that. He was great in the Carabao against League One sides - again not something you can really judge on. So frankly I have absolutely no idea what some of you are using to get so carried away with him.

I've been watching since he was 15. He's good, I like him, I think he can be a good squad player for us. He's not world class and I don't see any particular signs that that is something that will develop. He reminds me of a lot of Barcelona youth players who were going to be world class until they left Pep and ended up at Stoke. He's better than Stoke but I don't see him in that elite level talent and I'm not sure why anybody does apart from wild optimism or misunderstanding the standard of the PL2.

Smith-Rowe is going to be better than both of them put together but as a friend of mine says, y'all ain't ready for that conversation yet.

oh you are not going to be a very liked person with that opinion. But kinda agree I’ve seen on here and online so many fans hyping Palmer up as this world class talent that can replace Sterling and Jesus, even people saying if Mahrez left he could replace him.

Possibly because hes a Manchester lad and people want him to be the next big thing and to have two Manchester city players from Manchester in the starting line up is what every city fan wants.

But honestly I think we are overhyping him because of that, he hasn’t played many at senior level yet to make wide assumptions saying he can replace seasoned pros who have scored loads of goals for us is ludicrous. When there’s no evidence apart from bit part appearances. It’s kinda like how the rags used to overhype their talent. Like there are some fans that are saying he’s better than Pedri and Gavi. When he’s hardly played first team football

That’s a stretch, palmer has great potential but I honestly believe foden is in that world class bracket that we have not seen for a long time in an English player.
Think we will be lucky to get another foden level of player through the academy within the next 50 years. He is a generational talent. Palmer is good don’t get me wrong but is nowhere near foden.

Phil has a genuine chance of winning the balon dor imo

Out of all the young players we have that I have seen, Cole Palmer is the one that excites me the most.
I fully expect him to be as good as Phil Foden.
Nah. Foden is a generational talent and could go on to be one of our greatest ever players. Palmer does look good though.

Getting rid of all the squad players who aren’t elite level and upgrading in other areas. Window gets better and better

oh you are not going to be a very liked person with that opinion. But kinda agree I’ve seen on here and online so many fans hyping Palmer up as this world class talent that can replace Sterling and Jesus, even people saying if Mahrez left he could replace him.

Possibly because hes a Manchester lad and people want him to be the next big thing and to have two Manchester city players from Manchester in the starting line up is what every city fan wants.

But honestly I think we are overhyping him because of that, he hasn’t played many at senior level yet to make wide assumptions saying he can replace seasoned pros who have scored loads of goals for us is ludicrous. When there’s no evidence apart from bit part appearances. It’s kinda like how the rags used to overhype their talent. Like there are some fans that are saying he’s better than Pedri and Gavi. When he’s hardly played first team football

We share similar opinions. He looks good, I like him as a player and I'm sure he's going to have a great career. I just haven't seen anything to suggest he's going to be the level we would need of a constant starter and I'm unsure what others are seeing from him.

When Palmer has got 30+ games for City, then I think that is the time to have that conversation but as of now, comparing him to someone like Saka or others like you mention is bonkers. You can't praise players for something that they've not done.

Office full of Villa & Dipper fans, all laughing about the rumours of Neymar signing for us.
Every one of the fuckers had comments along the line of " great, hope he signs for you".
Not rated by many anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.