It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Wrong

Ederson/ortega

Walker/cancelo/stones Dias/stones/Laporte/ake new lb/ake/cancelo

Rodri/phillips

De bruyne/Bernardo/Gundogan/grealish/foden

Bernardo/grealish/Mahrez/foden

Haaland/Alvarez/foden

If we get a new left back it’s one out one in.

Haaland for jesus

Alvarez for sterling

Phillips for Fernandinho

If we’re light by 2 players now then we have been for years
Not sure what you're trying to claim is wrong. It's simple numbers and the numbers are correct so no it's not wrong.

I've no idea why you would name the same player as options for multiple positions when they cannot play 2 positions at once.

You're completely ignoring the fact we sold Torres in January without bringing in a replacement so we've only been this light as a squad for 6 months

Not sure what you're trying to claim is wrong. It's simple numbers and the numbers are correct so no it's not wrong.

I've no idea why you would name the same player as options for multiple positions when they cannot play 2 positions at once.

You're completely ignoring the fact we sold Torres in January without bringing in a replacement so we've only been this light as a squad for 6 months

tbf you're not counting Palmer and it seems he's slated to be a first team squad player.

Torres has been shit. We got a couple of good games out of him and sold him at the right time.

tbf you're not counting Palmer and it seems he's slated to be a first team squad player.
I'm not counting Palmer because he doesn't have to be registered, same with Mcatee, Delap, Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand etc. None of them need to be registered until they're Fodens age and they'll then be registered as 1 of 4 permitted club trained players with Foden who is currently the only one in that category.

Torres has been shit. We got a couple of good games out of him and sold him at the right time.
I don't disagree, I vocally suggested we had better in the academy when everyone on here was calling him a future Balon D'or winner based on a few tap ins and was laughed at for suggesting Palmer could do just as well with similar opportunities which doesn't seem laughable anymore but Torres' quality has zero relevance to this discussion. He was an extra first team player that hasn't been replaced.

Wrong

Ederson/ortega

Walker/cancelo/stones Dias/stones/Laporte/ake new lb/ake/cancelo

Rodri/phillips

De bruyne/Bernardo/Gundogan/grealish/foden

Bernardo/grealish/Mahrez/foden

Haaland/Alvarez/foden

If we get a new left back it’s one out one in.

Haaland for jesus

Alvarez for sterling

Phillips for Fernandinho

If we’re light by 2 players now then we have been for years

How can someone write it out snd still get it so wrong?

Oh that's right, because you used multiple players twice to cover different positions. And ignore 2 further players that were in the squad at the start of last season while saying it is one in one out.

Once we sign a new LB, we will still be 2 registered players short, something we haven't been in years.

edit, by all means argue away that thats ok, or even better. But don't get it wrong and then argue that as fact.

I don't disagree, I vocally suggested we had better in the academy when everyone on here was calling him a future Balon D'or winner based on a few tap ins and was laughed at for suggesting Palmer could do just as well with similar opportunities which doesn't seem laughable anymore but Torres' quality has zero relevance to this discussion. He was an extra first team player that hasn't been replaced.
But apart from filling in up front he didn’t play.

The only area it can be suggested that we are lighter (assuming we do sign a left back although cancelo, ake and Laporte can all play there) is on the wing. Even there we have Bernardo, Foden, grealish and Mahrez who can all play there with palmer in the wings who you clearly rate.

Also think it needs to be said there’s only 16/17 league games until January rather than the usual 20/21

Bollocks. Torres hasn't been shit - he was fast becoming an important player, and continued this at Barcelona
How was he becoming an important player? And What did torres do at Barcelona? They are already calling this season his "redemption season"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.