It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can see the benefits for Lampard but no idea what he brings to the party to benefit us. This move would annoy me to a significant degree.

I imagine he’d be here as a Coach, and would perform a similar role to Arteta and Marseca before him - coaching players on specific areas of their game based on his considerable experience and skill as a player. He’d also be another foil to Pep, alongside Borrell, Vicens, Planchart, Estiarte, etc.

What he wouldn’t be doing is setting our tactics, and leading on how we counter the specific tactical threats of particular opponents and formations. That’s Pep’s job.

I remember Sterling, Jesus and others saying how much they learned and improved from Arteta’s coaching on body shape and striking the ball, becoming better goal scorers because of it.

That’s the kind of work I’d imagine he’d be tasked with - coaching not management.

I can’t see why Lampard in a role like that would annoy you to such a degree - but each to their own, I guess!

I imagine he’d be here as a Coach, and would perform a similar role to Arteta and Marseca before him - coaching players on specific areas of their game based on his considerable experience and skill as a player. He’d also be another foil to Pep, alongside Borrell, Vicens, Planchart, Estiarte, etc.

What he wouldn’t be doing is setting our tactics and leading on how we counter the specific tactical threats of particular opponents and formations. That’s Pep’s job.

I remember Sterling, Jesus and others saying how much they learned and improved from Arteta’s coaching on body shape and striking the ball, becoming better goal scorers because of it.

That’s the kind of work I’d imagine he’d be tasked with - coaching not management.

I can’t see why Lampard in a role like that would annoy you to such a degree - but each to their own, I guess!
If that would be his role, fine. I was responding to the idea of him as Assistant to Pep (including giving his input on tactics etc). I've never seen any indication he has much in the way of managerial intelligence in that way. One-on-one coaching with players to pass on his personal expertise as you describe it, not a problem. But as you say, that's what you "imagine" his role would be. Ofc we'll have to see if there's anything to him coming at all.

We have been linked to multiple other Centerbacks in the last 24 hours. The guy at Ajax and Napoli. It sort of feels like the club is putting that stuff out there to try to keeps Leipzig’s price for Josko in line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.