It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Better option than someone who loves Chelsea

Frank is very respectful of City and endeared himself when he was here.

If he is in the mix for one of Pep's assistant's, I think it would be an interesting move.

He has plenty of good qualities.

I thought he was unfortunate to lose his job at Chelsea the first time round.

Everton are a basket case of a club and survived by the skin of their teeth. Not paid too much attention but not sure Dyche made too much impact.

As to an accuastion recounted earlier in the thread about tactical naivety - Lampard is one of the very few managers to have his team take anything from the Etihad last season.

Chelsea caretaker role was a hiding to nothing and another club that is currently a basket case.

It doesn't matter whether or not Lampard is built to be a head coach: some guys are very well suited to the assistant role. Brian Kidd is a good example. It's about the mix of skills you have on the coaching staff. If he joins and turns out to be our new Brain Kidd - all good.

I wouldn't want him as assistant. He's been shite

If he is considering being an assistant, then fair play to him. He seems to think he has plenty to learn. Taking a stepdown to do this is admirable. He's experienced, played under several high quality managers, is a leader, communicates well and is intelligent. Thus, he has some useful tools to bring to the table. I'd take him on.

Think Frank is a great shout. The assistant role has many facets, important among them being 1-1 work with individual players. I believe he’d be brilliant with our midfielders.

If I remember correctly, when Arteta left, individual players said how much they enjoyed working 1-1 with him saying he improved them as players.

The second main point I remember our players saying was how important he was in the dressing room. Frank is a natural -experienced, likeable and a playing career which would give him the respect automatically. The number of English players in our squad isn’t a negative either!

Win, win IMO.
Exactly. Lampard has the attitude / mentality of an elite player and would be well suited to the environment at City.

He wants to stay, simple as that.

He took a chance on us and now we must take a chance on him.

The staff are impressed with his attitude. Like anyone, won't stand in the way of any player who actually asks to leave.
Sounds like the new Zinchencko. Nothing warms my heart more than a player saying, No coach! I'll stay and prove my worth.

I like him so much more already.

Whether Gundo stays or not we should sign Rice. Our squad is too small as it is, particularly given we‘ll have even more games next season.
And we were very lucky with injury this season. But it's looking like we won't be as lucky going into the next.

Not convinced Frank would be a good move. Can’t help but feel Pep would create another disciple that would then go to another club and make them stronger. Would prefer someone who would stick around the club for years and maybe look to take over from Pep or even serve Pep’s successor. I’m not really interested in investing in someone for 1, 2 or 3 years for them to fuck off and benefit someone else. I think TH uttered Ferna as a wish, which I think would be more suited than Frank.

If Pep is looking for assistant he should try Aguero. He analyses games well and can help our strikers.

Not convinced Frank would be a good move. Can’t help but feel Pep would create another disciple that would then go to another club and make them stronger. Would prefer someone who would stick around the club for years and maybe look to take over from Pep or even serve Pep’s successor. I’m not really interested in investing in someone for 1, 2 or 3 years for them to fuck off and benefit someone else. I think TH uttered Ferna as a wish, which I think would be more suited than Frank.
Is this a serious post?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.