It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It will be the same with KDB, he's coming to the end.

Sergio, Yaya, Dave, Vinny, Zabba, Fern...we find a way, even if it hurts.
I agree but I feel we might keep KDB longer I don’t know why he is on different level to Gundo and since he has his coaching badge and his family are very settled in Manchester he might get longer than the usual 1 year extension.

Silva would have been the case he wanted to go back home also with Vern and zab.

They actually have a lot of similarities- both have tremendous ball retention abilities, both love a half turn and have eyes in the back of their heads. The main difference is kovacic has more physicality- running power and strength whereas gundogan has more direct threat in and around the box and a better footballing brain (kovacic still has a good one). But the way they play is very similar just in different areas of the pitch.
He's also capable of carrying the ball up into the final third faster than Gundogan and more directly than Bernardo, which will create more space for Foden/Alvarez/McAtee. I don't expect him to score a great deal of goals himself or even have assists, but I expect we'll see that he is instrumental in the build up to many of the good things we do.

If Bernardo is leaving this summer then my preferred destination for him is the Saudi league. Much bigger fee for us, he wouldn't be going to a potential CL rival and it wouldn't matter if he tore up that league with stunning world class performances or jogged about barely going through the motions.

What's not to like?
Not sure about that.

If we had an agreement with Bernardo, that he may leave if any club puts £xxm on the table, Bernie wouldn't be too happy if we change the rules and say now its xx+50. And the deal might fail for that.

So it might still be around £75m also for Saudi clubs. Just a guess.

Wingers/Midfielders I’d like

Olise
Szoboslai
Goncalves
Chiesa
Sane

Personally I don’t think we sign one and we go into the season with

Grealish/Bernado/Mahrez/Bobb

Foden and Alvarez also can play there.

There will be no victory lap mate, not how Pep or City work.

I don't see clubs going bigger than us, it's still pretty quiet.

If we stand still, we will merge back in to the pack. Some might be okay with this, but we have a perfect opportunity this summer to rule again with the right additions.

We will be the overwhelming favourite to win the Champions League again.

Get it right, and Pep won't be leaving at the end of his present deal.
Exactly even rivals nkniw this potential and are scare this influencer with almost half million subs on YouTube went on rant yesterday us doing three peat with the champions leave . Even wen as far saying it’s scary lol we must be atopped.
Times changed hilarious watch.

Are there any wingers worth chasing? We need at least 1, probably 2.

(Besides McAtee and Bobb)
Not many options out there, at least not if we are looking at wingers that would be regular starters (by our standards, no one starts every game).

Wingers (or players that can play on the wing) that could likely be a part of our best XI (all subjective of course, just opinions):
Vinicious, but Real wont sell
Mbappe, wants Real
Neymar, over 30, injury prone, super expensive
Kvaratskhelia, a deal with Napoli would be difficult
Salah, they wont sell to us
Saka, just signed a new deal
Musiala, Bayern unlikely to consider selling
Chiesa, big injury problems the last 2 seasons and not reached his prior level since

Players with potential, but that would be a significant downgrade on Bernardo today (some might be closer than others):
Simons
Wirtz
Nico Williams
Yeremy Pino
Szoboszlai
Guler
Rodrygo
Olise
Gnonto
Fati
Reyna
Leao
Enciso
Doku

Mid-twenties who could possible be squad players but unlikely to ever be much more than that:
Sane
Felix
Maddison
Eze
Mitoma
Goncalves

Surely missed a few, just of the top of my head. These are not all players I would want us to sign (plenty of them I would rather say I dont want us to sign), just writing down some of the options out there. Surely a few of them are unlikely because of reasons like a new contract signed, Leao for example.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.