It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Such a shame we aren’t being linked to him at all. Think he’d be great for us

This is more the profile of player we need, rather than a more defensively minded midfielder.

With Gundo leaving, Kev not getting any younger and Bernie operating perpetually with one foot out of the door, we’ve only got Phil, Jack and Riyad who can stitch play together from our defence to Erling and Julian up top.

This is nowhere near enough in my view, and rather than pissing about with Declan ‘fucking’ Rice, we really need to be looking at who’s going to replace Gundo and Kev.

Szoboszlai would be ideal for this role - and he even has a Txiki special release clause in his contract.

I’d be much happier we spent our time looking at players like this than bringing in a rotation option at defensive midfield.

City stuck in purgatory with players leaving and i think it's definitely affecting our business, window is delicately balanced right now

Isn't that foreign spots, with Rice counting as 'Homegrown'? I personally don't see the point in waiting to see what happens to Bernardo or Laporte or Cancelo before securing a prime target - you end up missing out and they can always be loaned out if necessary.

Most of this squad, and especially Rodri, have played a ridiculous amount of football in the past 12 months. Liverpool played every possible game in 21/22 and their players were fucked last year. Add to that, the natural desire/motivation waning after winning a treble and there's a real chance of a drop off. Halting plans to accommodate players who are half-arsing leaving would be a strange strategy
Too much bleating from Liverpool.

They played 63 games but we played 59 with a smaller squad. We still had a smaller squad this season, we had lots more players at the World Cup, and I forget how this season went, but I think we did better than they did ;)

No, it only makes a difference registering players and designating a squad for the season start. Which isn't now. There would be time to facilitate moves away for the players who need/want to move.
Yes, but we would need a good idea of how many would be leaving before we buy.

Linked with Hakimi now in the fail. Probably putting 2 and 10 together due to the Walker stories. Agent must be looking his player a wage bump. Would take him but I also think he had problems off the pitch?

Glad I didn't have to name them all, go on! ;)

EDIT:
Don't forget 2 foreign spots are blocked by association trained HG players
(we have 6 instead of the allowed 4: Carson, Walker, Stones, Aké, Phillips, Grealish).
Foden is our only club trained HG.
Lewis, McAtee, Bobb still U21.
Ah - I hadn't realised the CL rules were different to the PL.

Still - I assume your original point was that with 2 free spots we're still in a fairly relaxed position, given, especially given that all the potential leavers are in the non-HG category.

If we do get Gvadiol can't imagine any scenario where Laporte stays as a 6th choice CB, and we could always swap out Carson with a club trained keeper to sit on the CL bench.

I doubt we'll get anywhere near having problems with limits.

I don't like weekends in the close season - everyone spends their time speculating, whilst for all we know Pep is already working on a plan to make Ederson Gundogs replacement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.