It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I don't think many people were being overly negative yesterday. Just a tad disappointed and a tad confused.

I don't think there's any need to shut that down. IMO we should be encouraging people to voice their opinions and concerns on the forum cos..
1. There's nothing else to do in the summer
2. No one should be offended by what is said because this is just a forum largely made up of middle aged men with nothing more productive to do with their spare time
3. We are completely irrelevant to anyone actually involved in transfers
4. Once the season starts we can get back to normality (which is back to point 2 obviosly)

Last edited:
He sort of is though. We still don’t have a left back. We have one senior right back. We have limited options out wide. We have just lost our captain.

Our bench is topped up with players Pep does not trust to play meaningful minutes - 1 of those players being a £40m signing. KDB is now 32 and cannot play 90 mins in a game of any intensity.

In addition, we laugh at Arsenal bottling the league, but had they not dropped stupid points, the sales of Jesus and Zinchenko would have looked horrific. We won the league despite spending just a couple of weeks at the top. There’s not a chance in the world we planned for that.

Every team around us is significantly strengthening this summer and they are doing it quickly so the gap is likely going to close. Waiting on outgoings is so risky and a bit baffling after we have publicly tried to sign Bellingham and Rice for fees in excess of £100m. So on one hand, our need in midfield is so great that we need to spend £100m, yet on the other, we can also get by without doing anything? It makes as little sense as the Kane fiasco did two years ago. Some people will point out that that turned out OK, which it did, but for me it’s closer to fortune than it is to good planning. And fortune doesn’t last forever.
Every team around us? The only team around us is Arsenal and they've just spunked nearly 200m on the German Peter crouch and a headless chicken from West Ham.

I really really wish posters would think before they post or failing that read through it before they hit send as you end up posting complete shite.

This post is absolutely wank.

He sort of is though. We still don’t have a left back. We have one senior right back. We have limited options out wide. We have just lost our captain.

Our bench is topped up with players Pep does not trust to play meaningful minutes - 1 of those players being a £40m signing. KDB is now 32 and cannot play 90 mins in a game of any intensity.

In addition, we laugh at Arsenal bottling the league, but had they not dropped stupid points, the sales of Jesus and Zinchenko would have looked horrific. We won the league despite spending just a couple of weeks at the top. There’s not a chance in the world we planned for that.

Every team around us is significantly strengthening this summer and they are doing it quickly so the gap is likely going to close. Waiting on outgoings is so risky and a bit baffling after we have publicly tried to sign Bellingham and Rice for fees in excess of £100m. So on one hand, our need in midfield is so great that we need to spend £100m, yet on the other, we can also get by without doing anything? It makes as little sense as the Kane fiasco did two years ago. Some people will point out that that turned out OK, which it did, but for me it’s closer to fortune than it is to good planning. And fortune doesn’t last forever.
1688030956770.gif

Every team around us? The only team around us is Arsenal and they've just spunked nearly 200m on the German Peter crouch and a headless chicken from West Ham.

I really really wish posters would think before they post or failing that read through it before they hit send as you end up posting complete shite.

This post is absolutely wank.
Rice is not a headless chicken, very good efficient player, 100M never in a million years but he is worth what a club is prepared to pay.

Rice is not a headless chicken, very good efficient player, 100M never in a million years but he is worth what a club is prepared to pay.
I dont think Sullivan would have accepted it being paid over a million years. But hopefully we asked before pulling out.

We've lost the captain of the treble winning side, who scored crucial goals to win us trophies, and look to have replaced him with a player who whilst undeniably talented, couldn't nail down a place in a side that finished 12th last season and has scored a grand total of 4 league goals in the last 5 years.

That is not ambitious enough for a side looking to go all the way again.

Kovacic as added depth - great signing. As Gundo's replacement? I think it's madness.

Now, if the plan is to move Phil into that role, I'd be very happy with that. But that would leave us needing at least one addition out wide IMO, regardless of the futures of Bernardo and Mahrez.
Perhaps slightly over the top, but share your concerns.
In Istanbul I did find myself thinking that this was the summit and I didn't care if we sank to non league levels now - After 50 yrs following them, I'd seen this team over the last decade and was sated, however, it didn't last long and I want us to press home our dominance , not let others catch us and let the advantage slip - you take your foot off for one window and you need two or three to put it right. Simply stating "go to" terms like - they've not failed us, spoiled, etc etc may make some feel good - but you snooze you lose.
Pep deserves the players he wants. He's is a genius at making very good players even better granted - but it must take it's toll.

I dont think Sullivan would have accepted it being paid over a million years. But hopefully we asked before pulling out.
I personally think we have had Arsenal over, we have history of bidding on players and pulling out causing the eventual buying club to pay more than intended.

Naughty but nice, maybe pay back time for our off field issues with the "istory clubs"

Thinking about our last few transfers.

Ortega - Worked
Akanji - Worked
Phillips - Not worked yet ( not losing hope )
Gomez - Not worked
Halaand - Out of this world worked
Alvarez - Worked

With the exception of Gomez, all the above start in the top 5/10 in the Premier League. Even Gomez at certain clubs.

4/6 hit rate last season. 4/6 have played crucial parts in the treble season,3/6 have scored ( Lol Manu Akanji ), all have played in at least a final. And despite some of the players having horrendous injury records, 5/6 have had a near perfect season in that regard.

The prices of the players haven't pushed over 60 million. So the business is clever, and most importantly effective. The fact that people are flapping in June, despite us losing Gundo, alone, is sincerely mindblowing.

This summer has to be the same in terms of tranfers. Whether you like it or not, our players are system players, they must understand the game differently, apply it in ways they have not prior and that takes time. Some make it, some don't. You can have all the skill in the world, but if you're thick as fuck, you cannot and will not play in a Guardiola 11.

And just as a side note. If reports are correct, next season, will see us have 5, 5!!!! academy graduates migrating/contributing towards the first team. Bobb, Rico, Foden, Mcatee, Palmer.

And that's fucking awesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.