It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I don’t think we’re going to move for anyone else after Rice. There isn’t much out there to warrant a big spend. We’ll do what we did when we missed out on Jorginho, Kane and Maguire and wait a year and see where things are.

Unless the likes of Bernardo, Mahrez or Phillips leave I think it will be only be Gvardiol and Kovacic in. Only because there’s almost no chatter out there linking us with anyone else.

I think it will be a huge mistake not to add to our midfield (similar to summers 2012 and 2014) as we have lost a lot of goals with Gundogan’s departure. We’ve also lost his creativity which coupled with KDB’s injury and Mahrez’s inconsistency means we are in danger of cutting off Haaland’s supply.

I think if Gvardiol and Kovacic are the only new additions we’ll concede less but score less next season.
Had we gotten Rice, do you think that would have solved the lost goals and chance creation problem? I don't. Hence why I never thought Rice was the right guy.

View attachment 84780View attachment 84778

Szoboszlais defensive numbers aren’t even far off Rices, actually better him in some aspects, he has a release clause, so does Viega, them two for £80 mill!
In fairness, Rices possession stays aren't far off Szoboszlai's in fact in many aspects Rice is better.

This is coming from the greatest Szobo advocate. But yeah getting Szobo and Viega for the price of Rice would be o coup

Had we gotten Rice, do you think that would have solved the lost goals and chance creation problem? I don't. Hence why I never thought Rice was the right guy.
I'm amazed that people worry we're losing goals because Gundo and possibly Bernardo will leave.

Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez have all consistently scored/assisted more than those two. If they both leave, I'd be more worried about our ability to control games, than our ability to put the ball in the net.

Still, if we do stick with the more secure three/four central defenders, and a CD in midfield, rather than a more attacking full back, then maybe we can let those more unpredictable players loose up front. I'd certainly like to see us try.

I don't really know you mate, but you just compared Pirlo, Vieira to Declan fucking Rice.

On Phillips, i reserve judgement until after this season.
No idea why people are talking about Rice as if he is one of the best DMs in the world. Plays for a mid-table PL team that parks the bus. Only gets to start in the national team since his main competition is a guy that started like 2 games all season. If England had a Rodri level DM absolutely no one would say Rice is a ”top top player” but since England has no competition at all at the DM position English media has hyped everything mediocre this guy does as exceptional.

No idea why people are talking about Rice as if he is one of the best DMs in the world. Plays for a mid-table PL team that parks the bus. Only gets to start in the national team since his main competition is a guy that started like 2 games all season. If England had a Rodri level DM absolutely no one would say Rice is a ”top top player” but since England has no competition at all at the DM position English media has hyped everything mediocre this guy does as exceptional.
When you play every game in the PL, 38 games, and your team is relegation fodder, you ain't that good. Especially as a DM. When we played them, he looked as lost as a puppy at a festival.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.