It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Still see us signing someone completely left field. Jacob Ramsey is my random guess.
Antonee Robinson

you-heard-it-here-first-you-heard-it-here.gif

I don't think Pep is the kind of manager that gets out of sorts with players unless they are way off the hook, e.g. Cancelo. But he is very demanding of the players. If you don't meet what he is requiring of you, you won't play. But I doubt he's an ass about it.

I don't think the likes of Szoboszlai or Veiga are a Gundo replacement stylistically, they seem much closer to a KDB or Foden type of player. I'll probably get pelters but I think Mount actually fits that profile better and even adds elements of Bernie too. Obviously not close to eithers level yet but then again thats probably our biggest issue, who is? I think Pep could work his magic with him and the fee almost looks reasonable compared with the Rice fee now.
Kovacic is the Gundo style replacement. Yes Szobo and Viega are more Foden and Kev like. I think that was the whole point. You want a multidimensional attacking mid.
No idea why people are talking about Rice as if he is one of the best DMs in the world. Plays for a mid-table PL team that parks the bus. Only gets to start in the national team since his main competition is a guy that started like 2 games all season. If England had a Rodri level DM absolutely no one would say Rice is a ”top top player” but since England has no competition at all at the DM position English media has hyped everything mediocre this guy does as exceptional.
We don't need to put down a good player. Rice is objectively a good player. You can see this when you watch him. That said, we don't need to get him. There are more good players than there are squad positions. So clearly, lots of good players will go to other teams.

"its just how the thing go." To quote my favorite battle rapper. :) You win some you lose some. For those who loved Rice, we lost this one. It won't be the first or last. We'll lose many more. But the one we win, and how they help us achieve... Now that's where the magic is at!!!

Don't mind me. I'm in my bag today :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.