It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But no other team has a Rodri level DM? Doesn't denigrate anything about Rice's ability. He's top class with the potential to become world class under the right tutelage.
The fact the top two clubs in the country were after him is testament to that.
My point was obviously not that it would take a Rodri level DM for Rice to not get any caps, Rice get a lot of caps because England have no top level DM at all. His main competition is Phillips who barely even played football this year. My point was that Rice wouldn't get regular caps for any other top10 nation since he is a very mediocre player only being hyped up since he is slightly less bad than his main competitors in England.

I am very busy so I will make this quick since majority here are throwing a tantrum. regarding our needs we are already stacked and all our needs are met if you stop being emotional and use common sense.

people here are going on about why we are not chasing any midfielder after we chased Rice. anyone with any common sense will know that Rice was meant to be a upgrade on Philips. now that there is no other high quality attainable DM like Rice on the market and also since Philips is staying, we have no need to bring another midfielder unless someone else leaves.

Walker/stones/rico/akanji/ "Rodri" for right defense :: stones/akanji/diaz/ "Rodri" for center defense :: ake/Gvardiol/akanji/ "Rodri" for left defense. This is the defense covered.

Rico/ Rodri/ Stones/ Philips / Kovacic / Bernardo / "gomez" / "perrone" for 2 defensive midfield position and it is covered.

KDB/ Foden / Kovacic / Alvarez / Bernardo / Grealish/ "perrone" / "macatee" / "gomez" for 2 attacking midfield position and it is covered.

Bernardo / mahrez / foden /"KDB" / "gomez" / "macatee" for left wing :: Grealish / foden / Alvarez / " KDB" / "gomez" for right wing position and it is covered.

Haaland/ Alvarez / "KDB" / "Foden" for striker position and it is covered.

Note: Those is "xyz" brackets are emergency solutions in case of mass injury.

Another top class midfielder is a taking the piss signing unless someone in midfield moves. I can see us bringing a top prospect like Gabri Veiga as a luxury signing with an eye to the future but it is not a absolute necessity. Not mention next season I can very well see Foden, Alvarez, Rico and even Gomez get double the minutes as last season and become a mainstay in our stating lineup to help transition into the future of our team.

As you can see form the above all our needs are absolutely covered for next season unless outgoings. So anyone crying here I suggest you get this into the thick brain of yours and if necessary the mods pin this comment as a note in every page of this thread.
For someone who is busy, that hurt my eyes (:

Agree though

Some shit in here about our midfield.

Pep has led us to 5 out of the last 6 PL titles. We've done The Treble as well as the domestic Quad.

Give your head a wobble if you're 'worried' or 'nervous'. We have the greatest manager on the planet who innovates and changes our system every summer.

There's absolutely no doubt that Pep will have a squad he's happy with by August. That's good enough for me.
You are aware that Pep has just lost his captain? The same captain that has been the engine of our midfield during Peps time here.

It's in our interest to keep Pep happy to try and get him to stay longer and longer. So far this window we have failed to keep his captain, land his number 1 and number 2 target for the replacements of said captain. Not sure he will be best pleased.

Remember the goals that Gundo has delivered just the last 2 seasons, he pulled us out the shit vs villa on the last day of the season, then he scored a hateful at the end of this season to seal the deal, that's without mentioning him scoring a brace in the final of the FACup vs scum one of which was the fastest ever goal scored in an facul game.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned when you can see others strengthening around us, I hope we don't use the same list that Sergio gomez came from when looking for option 3 on gundo replacement!

I think there is enough there to be a little worried without having to "give your head a wobble".

Comes down to if Pep trusts McAtee, Gomez, Phillips, Perrone etc at all on the pitch in there actual positions, never mind being shoehorned in elsewhere. Players he doesn't, gotta go when you work with a squad this small on quality/quality.

You are aware that Pep has just lost his captain? The same captain that has been the engine of our midfield during Peps time here.

It's in our interest to keep Pep happy to try and get him to stay longer and longer. So far this window we have failed to keep his captain, land his number 1 and number 2 target for the replacements of said captain. Not sure he will be best pleased.

Remember the goals that Gundo has delivered just the last 2 seasons, he pulled us out the shit vs villa on the last day of the season, then he scored a hateful at the end of this season to seal the deal, that's without mentioning him scoring a brace in the final of the FACup vs scum one of which was the fastest ever goal scored in an facul game.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned when you can see others strengthening around us, I hope we don't use the same list that Sergio gomez came from when looking for option 3 on gundo replacement!

I think there is enough there to be a little worried without having to "give your head a wobble".
Nah I’d just give your head a wobble, a large one

Would you be good with this as an example:

Ederson (Ortega)

Akanji (Walker) Dias Gvardiol (Ake)

Stones (Lewis) Rodri (Phillips/Kovacic)

Bernardo (Kovacic) KDB (Foden/Veiga/McAtee)

Foden (Mahrez) Haaland (Alvarez) Grealish (Bobb/Palmer)

One wide forward short but we would still win the Prem in a gallop...JMO
Delighted mate

I agree, and Kovacic is also a serial winner, with 18 trophies to his name, not to mention the success for his country. I think he will be brilliant on and off the pitch, and he will be a highly respected figure within our squad.
I watched his signing on video and he seems a decent sort.

People go to both extremes too quickly, but several things cam be true: if we don't have any other transfers, we would still be the favorites for all the titles; but it is also true that all our rivals have had a better transfer window than us and they have all improved (and I am including Madrid, Barca and Bayern here), and they have all done their deals quickly.

I think the board is relying a little bit too hard on Pep this time. It's also a little concerning that there are several rumours of important players going to other clubs, but the only rumour of an important player coming to City is Gvardiol.

Bernardo situstion is puzzling (and for me frustrating): he is a great player and the club puts a very fair price for him (60-70 m), but no club offers that amount, so we have to wait the entire summer to see whether he will stay or not (again!!). City should tell him, if you don't bring an offer before the preseason starts, then you have to stay. It's not our fault that no other club is offering a very fair fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.