It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Maddison is decent, but he’s a very typical Spurs signing in my opinion.
Maybe so yet I can recall off the top of my head multiple good performances of his versus City and not a single one of Kovacic with far more talent around him at Chelsea.

Some shit in here about our midfield.

Pep has led us to 5 out of the last 6 PL titles. We've done The Treble as well as the domestic Quad.

Give your head a wobble if you're 'worried' or 'nervous'. We have the greatest manager on the planet who innovates and changes our system every summer.

There's absolutely no doubt that Pep will have a squad he's happy with by August. That's good enough for me.

Why did Pep want Bellingham then Rice then?

Kovacic is the Gundo style replacement. Yes Szobo and Viega are more Foden and Kev like. I think that was the whole point. You want a multidimensional attacking mid.

We don't need to put down a good player. Rice is objectively a good player. You can see this when you watch him. That said, we don't need to get him. There are more good players than there are squad positions. So clearly, lots of good players will go to other teams.

"its just how the thing go." To quote my favorite battle rapper. :) You win some you lose some. For those who loved Rice, we lost this one. It won't be the first or last. We'll lose many more. But the one we win, and how they help us achieve... Now that's where the magic is at!!!

Don't mind me. I'm in my bag today :)
As you can read on my previous post history, I have been against the potential Rice signing since the first time it was mentioned on this forum weeks ago and I asked why the hell we would sign the midfield Maguire. I have seen Rice play around 50+ times so no, I can't see anything special about him when I watch him. It has nothing to do with us "missing out". I had been saying for weeks before we put a bid in that I feared Rices lack of pace and clumsiness could make him look almost comically out of place playing in a top team like City when he no longer is protected by a team that just sits deep and parks the bus every game. Much like Maguire was found out when he joined the rags, he have a lot of similarities with Rice in my opinion.

Last edited:
I am afraid we will have to run your comment up the flag pole :-)
Point to your dick and tell them, "your wife and I did that after you left for work this morning."

If the coworker is a woman change "your wife" to "your husband." The shock value may even be greater.

Last edited:
I just think Maddison would have been a far better investment. He's younger, press-resistant, and would have given us arguably just as many goals/assists as we're losing with Gundogan. My only question for him was work rate but that can be much more easily brought out of a player than attacking output can be(looking at Grealish).

I was really disappointed to read from Gaughan he was indeed a target but Tottenham beat us to it.
We are losing a serial winner, that isn’t replaced by someone like Maddison in the dressing room; the investment is astute, not only for the obvious attributes on the field but also the impact within the dressing room; Kovo will bring the nurture for the young lads and there’s another level to his game which Pep elevates; it’s a no brainer as he can be managed, just like the elder collective, to do damage at key times within the season, it’s a wonderful signing!

We are losing a serial winner, that isn’t replaced by someone like Maddison in the dressing room; the investment is astute, not only for the obvious attributes on the field but also the impact within the dressing room; Kovo will bring the nurture for the young lads and there’s another level to his game which Pep elevates; it’s a no brainer as he can be managed, just like the elder collective, to do damage at key times within the season, it’s a wonderful signing!
I agree, and Kovacic is also a serial winner, with 18 trophies to his name, not to mention the success for his country. I think he will be brilliant on and off the pitch, and he will be a highly respected figure within our squad.

I am very busy so I will make this quick since majority here are throwing a tantrum. regarding our needs we are already stacked and all our needs are met if you stop being emotional and use common sense.

people here are going on about why we are not chasing any midfielder after we chased Rice. anyone with any common sense will know that Rice was meant to be a upgrade on Philips. now that there is no other high quality attainable DM like Rice on the market and also since Philips is staying, we have no need to bring another midfielder unless someone else leaves.

Walker/stones/rico/akanji/ "Rodri" for right defense :: stones/akanji/diaz/ "Rodri" for center defense :: ake/Gvardiol/akanji/ "Rodri" for left defense. This is the defense covered.

Rico/ Rodri/ Stones/ Philips / Kovacic / Bernardo / "gomez" / "perrone" for 2 defensive midfield position and it is covered.

KDB/ Foden / Kovacic / Alvarez / Bernardo / Grealish/ "perrone" / "macatee" / "gomez" for 2 attacking midfield position and it is covered.

Bernardo / mahrez / foden /"KDB" / "gomez" / "macatee" for left wing :: Grealish / foden / Alvarez / " KDB" / "gomez" for right wing position and it is covered.

Haaland/ Alvarez / "KDB" / "Foden" for striker position and it is covered.

Note: Those is "xyz" brackets are emergency solutions in case of mass injury.

Another top class midfielder is a taking the piss signing unless someone in midfield moves. I can see us bringing a top prospect like Gabri Veiga as a luxury signing with an eye to the future but it is not a absolute necessity. Not mention next season I can very well see Foden, Alvarez, Rico and even Gomez get double the minutes as last season and become a mainstay in our stating lineup to help transition into the future of our team.

As you can see form the above all our needs are absolutely covered for next season unless outgoings. So anyone crying here I suggest you get this into the thick brain of yours and if necessary the mods pin this comment as a note in every page of this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.