It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

That we can mostly agree on. :-) BUT things are a-changing!

Replacing those elderly commentators & pundits is definitely a move in the right direction, but aside from Camel Gob, the Royton Rat & Spitty, I can't think of anyone who doesn't speak honestly about City.

Even the aforementioned three give us our due praises, albeit through gritted teeth, but that's just football fan rivalry.

Recent pundit comments include:

"Pep Guardiola is not only the best manager in the world, he's probably the best football manager in history."

"City are the best team in Premier League history."

"City are the best football team in the world, & are arguably up there with the best football sides ever."

Bit by bit they're happy to compliment City on what the rest of the world can see.

My personal opinion? The best football team I'd ever seen was Pep's Barça 2009 - 2012, but that's now changed.

There was recently a series on VM where legendary matches from the past were shown. I watched Barça vs ManUre in the CL Final, an El Classico & some other high level match...

Looking back & comparing that great Barça side & comparing them to Pep's City team over the last 5 seasons, City are far better, even taking Messi into account, & I don't make this claim lightly!

I'm my own & City's harshest critic & I don't think most City fans see us as the rest of the world do. But I'll happily stand by my opinion of this special City squad.

The football world fear City & want us neutered & stopped because they complain they can't compete, hence why every one of our main competitors are praying Pep leaves soon. \0/
For some reason I can't think of a single thing that Carragher has said, but even Ferdinand and Neville have been full of praise, and some of their comments would easily fit in your list.

For example, Ferdinand said, "I genuinely think he’s the best coach of a football team that I’ve ever, ever seen in my lifetime" about Pep recently.

Will stand by what i said at start of window, I think Laporte goes on loan. Once we sign Gvardiol other clubs know we’ll likely want to move him on. No one is paying £50m+ imo.

For some reason I can't think of a single thing that Carragher has said, but even Ferdinand and Neville have been full of praise, and some of their comments would easily fit in your list.

For example, Ferdinand said, "I genuinely think he’s the best coach of a football team that I’ve ever, ever seen in my lifetime" about Pep recently.
He's praised us several times, but like I said it's been through gritted teeth. He mentioned that fans on social media want pundits like himself to caveat any City successes with the alleged 115 charges & to point out how much we've spent on players.

He pointed out that ManUre have spent more since Ferguson's retirement, but are levels below City. He said PSG had Messi, Mbappé & Neymar but are nowhere near City.

He said the biggest factor was Guardiola who he rates as the best manager in the world & if we completed the Tr3bl3, it would surpass Ferguson's achievement...

Screenshot_20230705-124300_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230705-124421_Chrome.jpg

I've just commented the same to another poster, APART from the "Pep leaving in two years" narrative.

In his post CL victory press conference, Pep said he doesn't want us to become a club who win the CL, only to fizzle out into history.

He said we've reached the last 8, semis & finals over the last 5 seasons which is a consistent level, but he now wants us to be regularly competing in & winning finals.

This doesn't sound like a manager planning to leave any time soon mate... \0/

Pep tried for his first 6 seasons to win it by scoring 5 goals a game so the UCL officials don't screw us over.

This time however we won because of a solid defense that stifled really good offensive teams.

Our defensive core is still young or entering their prime, save Walker.

Can anyone honestly deny our team is better than the Real team which won 3 in a row, 4 in 5, and 5 in 9 years?

We can legitimately try to do the Real Madrid 5 times in a row if Pep and Haaland are up for it. Get some goals, and then close up shop! \0/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.