It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Mostly agree, but disagree on one aspect : )
Based on the way we've been treated by the pundits and so-called journos I could not care less what about their opinions of us. It's near impossible to take a majority of them seriously or respect what they have to say...
That we can mostly agree on. :-) BUT things are a-changing!

Replacing those elderly commentators & pundits is definitely a move in the right direction, but aside from Camel Gob, the Royton Rat & Spitty, I can't think of anyone who doesn't speak honestly about City.

Even the aforementioned three give us our due praises, albeit through gritted teeth, but that's just football fan rivalry.

Recent pundit comments include:

"Pep Guardiola is not only the best manager in the world, he's probably the best football manager in history."

"City are the best team in Premier League history."

"City are the best football team in the world, & are arguably up there with the best football sides ever."

Bit by bit they're happy to compliment City on what the rest of the world can see.

My personal opinion? The best football team I'd ever seen was Pep's Barça 2009 - 2012, but that's now changed.

There was recently a series on VM where legendary matches from the past were shown. I watched Barça vs ManUre in the CL Final, an El Classico & some other high level match...

Looking back & comparing that great Barça side & comparing them to Pep's City team over the last 5 seasons, City are far better, even taking Messi into account, & I don't make this claim lightly!

I'm my own & City's harshest critic & I don't think most City fans see us as the rest of the world do. But I'll happily stand by my opinion of this special City squad.

The football world fear City & want us neutered & stopped because they complain they can't compete, hence why every one of our main competitors are praying Pep leaves soon. \0/

Well put & certainly agree with you regarding the US market which was evident in last season's pre season tour where the attendance figures were tremendous & huge uplift from when the club first visited the States.

On the pitch & in no small part thanks to Pep we are simply the best football team & as 'big time' as you can get from a footballing stand point.

However, off the pitch at times I feel we act rather small time. I'm not necessarily talking about transfers which I think we've remarkably well & I certainly won't delve into our ticket office support which is frankly appalling for the size of club we now are. I'm probably referring to plugging our Manchester City football club brand globally. I understand we're targeting certain markets but surely after winning the treble Manchester City football club should be touted left, right and centre. Forget the main stream media who have their own stakeholder agendas, in this day & age there a lots of alternative ways to promote your brand especially via social media platforms & if the Gooners can reportedly hire a PR firm to tout Declan Rice in their favour we should be trying to do similar actions with our brand riding the coat tails of our recent success until quite frankly the public are sick of seeing our name.

I simply don't see this & even the rather limited Treble & Champions League winners merchandise available is disappointing considering if one of the red shirts had achieved our success you can bet every commercial product & marketing channel available would be tarted up & publicity ramped up worldwide for the next month.

I personally am content with our amazing achievement but fear if we don't use this great opportunity to flood the public domain even if it is for this summer then we'll always be behind the so called Madrid & Barca brands when they hoover up the young/future talent simply because these are the names which were flooded in their era & area.
our social media is huge

It's hard to see Laporte going anywhere this summer unless its a loan with obligation to buy... 57m is A LOT
we bought him for 60mish in 2018 , if we sold him for 30m that would still be a profit,that's the reason we don't ask for huge money for these players imo, all it does is bottleneck the squad with players who fancy a move away, make a profit and move them on, same with bernardo 40m in 2017 ,he owes us nothing money wise,it is pure profit when or if we sell him,its the way we operate,buy players get a good few years out of them,then sell them for good prices,no bottlenecks just replace with players that are hungry.

I even think that is too low. Unless Laporte really pushes for the move, doubt he'd push to move to Juve without CL. I think he'll end up going hom to Bilbao

It is but he be right down the pecking order if he stays so he will be going and clubs in Europe just don’t have the money! Plus Laporte is being picky don’t want a premier side..

220px-Sub-Mariner1968n1.jpg
Is that cashimero before finding Gregg's!? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.